Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:25 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SW Ohio View Post
Good luck with your move jewelbaby. Let us know where you land.
Yes, please check back in with your decision and what attracted you. We always like to hear from those making a decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 04:21 PM

16 posts, read 23,830 times
Ok guys, our closing here in Texas is March 4, we leave directly after to be in Ohio by the 7th. We will start at an extended stay, meet our realtor and start looking from Milford area to Loveland, and Mason. I figure we'll need housing for at least 30 days min after we get an offer accepted on a house. Have spoke with Falcon Crest Apts in Old Towne Milford about a short stay which would give us a nice area to be in while we wait for the final move.

Scott you've convinced us to buy now while the prices are deflated. Kj we're listening, meeting people and making new friends is very important. We live in a small country lake community here with lot's of people our age and up. We've made lot's of friends here - they are what makes the world go 'round.

You are all such great help - thank you - I'll keep posting.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM

Default Now in Milford

Hi All,
Made the move from Texas. we are currently renting an apartment (Falcon Crest) on the hill above downtown Milford. Very nice, short term rent and accepts pets - all plusses.

Looking at properties every day. Husband's commute will be up 275 to Fairfield - Port Union Rd. we are learning areas. Will look at a house tomorrow in Batavia. i like Milford, Loveland, love the old downtowns. If you have any other towns in mindf that have charming downtown areas, please let me know.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelbaby1224 View Post
Hi All,
Made the move from Texas. we are currently renting an apartment (Falcon Crest) on the hill above downtown Milford. Very nice, short term rent and accepts pets - all plusses.

Looking at properties every day. Husband's commute will be up 275 to Fairfield - Port Union Rd. we are learning areas. Will look at a house tomorrow in Batavia. i like Milford, Loveland, love the old downtowns. If you have any other towns in mindf that have charming downtown areas, please let me know.
Batavia will have the old downtown you desire, as it is old. But not much has been happening in Batavia other than subdivision development to the east towards I-275. Batavia will just lengthen the commute to Fairfield as the routes to I-275 are becoming more and more conjested.

Now that you are here, take the time to drive up to Lebanon in Warren County. It has been the county seat of Warren County for a couple of centuries. There are several options to get to Fairfield, Oho 63 west to I-75 south to I-275, or Oho 48 southeast to I-71 south to I-275, or Ohio 42 south to Tylersville Rd in Mason, west to I-75 and south to I-275. I venture that either of the routes take less time to get to Faifield than the I-275 Milford circuitous route.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:55 PM

Default Where we landed

Time to update - June 2013 we found a nice 3 bedroom ranch with an acre in the Mt Repose area at an awesome price. (thank you Scott!) 1 week after moving in I was in a wreck with a speeding car and am still recovering in physical therapy.

But to recap - we love our home. We are in such close proximity for nice day trips to old towns, Newport on the Levee, etc. My husband's job is going well. We've made friends, are in several groups and are very happy with our move!

You all helped us make it happen with your generous input, thank you!

Now I'll be searching threads for nice day trips out of Cinci!!!

Old 07-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Time to update - June 2013 we found a nice 3 bedroom ranch with an acre in the Mt Repose area at an awesome price. (thank you Scott!) 1 week after moving in I was in a wreck with a speeding car and am still recovering in physical therapy.

But to recap - we love our home. We are in such close proximity for nice day trips to old towns, Newport on the Levee, etc. My husband's job is going well. We've made friends, are in several groups and are very happy with our move!

Thanks for reporting back. Sorry to hear about the accident and hope recovery is going well.

Mt Repose puts you close to Loveland and the other old towns you like.

The Lexington KY thoroughbred racing horse region is absolutely gorgeous. It is an easy day trip from Cincy and back. The central focus is the KY Horse Park just north of Lexington.

Another nice day trip is the Red River Gorge and Natural Bridge in the KY state park of the same name. The hike up to the bridge is a little rugged, but if you take your time should be fine. Some beautiful views.

Last edited by kjbrill; 07-27-2014 at 03:00 PM..

Old 07-27-2014, 04:31 PM

224 posts, read 376,883 times
Quote:

Hey jewelbaby, it's great to hear that things have worked out so well for you! Sorry to hear about your accident, but it is good that you are getting out and enjoying the area.

Don't forget about us up here in Lebanon. You might want to take a day and browse the downtown shops along Broadway and Mulberry, have lunch at the Golden Lamb (est. 1803) and peek into the historic rooms they have open for display (or try Flavors Eatery, a pretty good new restaurant down the street), take a ride on the excursion train (Turtle Creek Railway) from downtown, check out gracious Glendower Mansion (now a museum) on Cincinnati Avenue and sample the wares at the Golden Turtle Chocolate Factory. And looking ahead, Lebanon's Blues Festival is August 2 (free admission) and the incomparable Carriage Parade is December 6 - the daylight version at 1 p.m. and with illuminated carriages at 7 p.m. (also free, of course).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati