U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2007, 09:15 AM

5 posts, read 14,790 times

Advertisements

Hi. We are considering buying a home in that area or close by. Our kids are older so school is not a consideration. We are looking to spend around 170,000-190,000. We like high or vaulted celings, open kitchen, diversity, close to I75. Does West Chester fit the bill? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM

520 posts, read 1,694,211 times
West Chester is nice as far as suburbs go. I wouldn't call it diverse. It is close to I75.

Last edited by Yac; 10-19-2007 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: link removed

Old 10-19-2007, 01:44 PM

3,751 posts, read 10,209,292 times
Its a nice enough town. I have been working there since May (moved down from Detroit Metro Area in Michigan) - East of I-75 is "old" WestChester which is a quainter village-y type feel. West of I-75 is the "new" part of WestChester, with the "Union Center" shops, and the new planned town-square development. Some trendy restaurants, IKEA is going in, etc.. Though your children are already grown, Lakota schools are considered very good in the area and will help you with resale someday down the road.

I would agree that I wouldn't say it is particularly diverse (though there is what appears to be a Mosque visible from I-75 somewhere either in WestChester or in Liberty Township right along the border). The older homes (20 years ago) were a little more moderate in price, but most of the new housing is pricier (pushing $300K or above).. so you do get a certain homogeneity of income -- which generally translates into a homogeneity of culture. But, its pretty safe, seems to have good city services, and is definitely commutable into the city, and into other popular suburban areas (Mason, Montgomery, whever..)

Good luck..

Old 10-19-2007, 01:54 PM

31,166 posts, read 57,317,340 times
At the risk of sounding negative, to me and me alone, West Chester is just another faceless suburb. It's too far from the center of the city for my tastes. I'd hate to have to fight that traffic every day.

But a lot of people like living there and swear by it. It's just a matter of preference.

What drew you to West Chester? Where do you live now?

Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM

710 posts, read 2,649,393 times
West Chester is no different from the exurbs around phoenix, atlanta, or buffalo. If you want endless tract housing and national resturaunt chains, west chester has them. If you want a diverse place to live off of I-75 I would recomend gaslight clifton or glendale.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:45 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
West Chester is no different from the exurbs around phoenix, atlanta, or buffalo. If you want endless tract housing and national resturaunt chains, west chester has them. If you want a diverse place to live off of I-75 I would recomend gaslight clifton or glendale.
If the "exurbs" are so horrible, why are they growing so much more than Cincinnati is?

Old 10-20-2007, 07:49 AM

5 posts, read 14,790 times
I currently rent in Hamilton. We are new to this area but I have heard pretty good things about West Chester. I like the "up and comingness" about it. I don't care much for the city. We lived in the city 20 years ago and went away with the military. Now we are back in Ohio and looking for a home. My husband would like to be fairly close to Dayton because he may work at the Air Force Base, but his parents who are ailing are in the city. West Chester seems like a good midway point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
At the risk of sounding negative, to me and me alone, West Chester is just another faceless suburb. It's too far from the center of the city for my tastes. I'd hate to have to fight that traffic every day.

But a lot of people like living there and swear by it. It's just a matter of preference.

What drew you to West Chester? Where do you live now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati