U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati
4,007 posts, read 4,843,905 times
Reputation: 924

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Please identify what is the Entire Event? Are you are talking about that concocted muscle bound Home Run Derby held the night before? Let's see how many of the ticket holders even show up for that. Or can you get out on the field and vie for autographs during batting practice - Wow! I am not trying to lambast you Tom, but the Main Event is the Main Event and everything else is also ran.
You know what? I'm tired of using google for you. Go search the event yourself. Prove me wrong. Go ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM
 
Location: In a happy place
3,711 posts, read 6,599,544 times
Reputation: 7344
For this past 2012 All-Star Game:
Quote:
Strips for every All-Star event during the week are also available on StubHub. Access to Fanfest, the Home Run Derby, and the All-Star game will set an individual back anywhere between $455 in the upper deck or over $6,000 for seats right behind the dugout.

Ticket buyers hoping for a better bargain on Ebay will not fare much better. Tickets for just the All-Star Game are currently starting at $425. For those looking for full strip tickets they will have to shell out at least $2,800.
MLB All-Star Game tickets becoming costly | TicketNews

And while it's true that there will be people coming in from out of town, Reds season ticket holders will likely have to register for a "chance" to purchase tickets to the game as there is a "pecking order" for possible access to available tickets. I'm sure it will be a policy very similar to the Mets and the Twins policy for 2013 and 2014. I'm sure that is set by MLB itself.

2013 All-Star Week Tickets | mets.com: Tickets

2014 MLB All-Star Game At Target Field - Frequently Asked Questions | twinsbaseball.com: Tickets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Ohio
904 posts, read 1,593,885 times
Reputation: 1164
Congrats to Cincinnati!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati
4,007 posts, read 4,843,905 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
For this past 2012 All-Star Game:
The point I am making is that the all star game is a 6 day event. The point the news report was making was tickets would give access to much more than just the event. I don't know anything more than that. That is would be available to go to just the game would make sense, but I can't verify that.

Economic impact for 2015 All-Star Game in Cincinnati could reach $80 million
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Mason, OH
9,259 posts, read 13,415,280 times
Reputation: 1920
Being awarded the 2015 ASG may be a feather in Cincy's cap. But the feather is somewhat diminished and tattered by the number of years since the last one. Definitely better than nothing. But to crow about it as an achievement for Cincy? Why? Are we just not getting our rotation? MLB has diminished the significance of Cincy over the years.

The fact that the Reds were the first professional baseball team has been diminished. We used to be awarded the first opening day game. Anyone who has attended Opening Day in Cincinnati knows how special we have treated it recognizing our place in history. But MLB keeps relegating it to a lesser and lesser position. So pardon my position, Cincy is getting the crumbs and few of them. Of course I know why, Cincinnati is a small market. But doesn't mean I have to like it. It may have something to do with the fact I keep rooting for the Green Bay Packers year after year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati
4,007 posts, read 4,843,905 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Please identify what is the Entire Event? Are you are talking about that concocted muscle bound Home Run Derby held the night before? Let's see how many of the ticket holders even show up for that. Or can you get out on the field and vie for autographs during batting practice - Wow! I am not trying to lambast you Tom, but the Main Event is the Main Event and everything else is also ran.
You really should educate yourself before you go off ranting and raving about something you obviously lack knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati
4,007 posts, read 4,843,905 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Being awarded the 2015 ASG may be a feather in Cincy's cap. But the feather is somewhat diminished and tattered by the number of years since the last one.
No it isn't. It's a huge deal bringing national recognition and around $100 million into the local economy from outside. Why do you always have to be so negative on everything. As if a hundred million into local businesses should be dismissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati(Silverton)
1,578 posts, read 2,311,391 times
Reputation: 651
Give it to Kjbrill to be skeptical of EVERYTHING when it comes to Cincinnati. There is WAY more positives than negatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM
 
1,295 posts, read 1,525,488 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
No it isn't. It's a huge deal bringing national recognition and around $100 million into the local economy from outside. Why do you always have to be so negative on everything. As if a hundred million into local businesses should be dismissed.
Better to be excited about the money being injected into the economy and the chance to show off all the shiny new city-bling we've acquired since '88 than to get grumpy about not having it sooner or losing opening day prestige. I agree Selig has dumped on the city, but so what? That doesn't take away from the opportunities provided by this event.

Tickets are too expensive, but that's fine. Let big spenders come into the city and bring their wallets. The fewer Cincinnatians in attendance, the more out-of-towners spending their wads in our establishments.

Or we can just say, wow, too little, too late, Go Packers! (Off-topic much?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati
4,007 posts, read 4,843,905 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
Better to be excited about the money being injected into the economy and the chance to show off all the shiny new city-bling we've acquired since '88 than to get grumpy about not having it sooner or losing opening day prestige. I agree Selig has dumped on the city, but so what? That doesn't take away from the opportunities provided by this event.

Tickets are too expensive, but that's fine. Let big spenders come into the city and bring their wallets. The fewer Cincinnatians in attendance, the more out-of-towners spending their wads in our establishments.

Or we can just say, wow, too little, too late, Go Packers! (Off-topic much?)

Not to mention the tireless effort by Bob Castellini in getting the game here in the first place. Major win if you ask me, for the Reds and Cincinnati!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top