Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
The point I am making is that the all star game is a 6 day event. The point the news report was making was tickets would give access to much more than just the event. I don't know anything more than that. That is would be available to go to just the game would make sense, but I can't verify that.

Economic impact for 2015 All-Star Game in Cincinnati could reach $80 million
And I was just providing information of how recent and future games are being handled. I was in no way dismissing or contradicting your comments.

I am getting the feeling that you feel many comments are a personal attack on you. That is not necessarily the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
And I was just providing information of how recent and future games are being handled. I was in no way dismissing or contradicting your comments.

I am getting the feeling that you feel many comments are a personal attack on you. That is not necessarily the case.
My apologies, not at all. I could have been clearer in my post. I appreciated the information you provided.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,466,639 times
Well, that didn't take long to get the ball rolling on a couple of things I mentioned in the OP:

By 2015, these could be completed:

- the streetcar between The Banks and Findlay Market (I'm betting that the ASG kick starts efforts to get this done by mid-2015 as opposed to 2016

Wish list for 2015:

- another airline or two serving CVG (Delta doesn't deserve to price-gouge this event)

Check and check.

Since then, Frontier has announced that they will start serving CVG in May and today the city cleared what was essentially the last major hurdle to really get streetcar construction going by coming to agreement with Duke on their utility lines. The city also is pushing toward having the streetcar running by the All-Star Game.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
^ What can we say? (Except to acknowledge that there might be a god in heaven after all?)

Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
^ What can we say? (Except to acknowledge that there might be a god in heaven after all?)
Before everyone runs off in ecstasy, just what exactly has been announced? MLB awarded Cincy the 2015 ASG. So close on the heels comes the announcement of a settlement between Duke and the City on the streetcar utility relocation issue. So who capitulated to what? Did Duke suddenly decide their civic duty was such they will just do the relocation? Did the City decide they could not pass up a situation like the 2015 ASG with the streetcar stuck in the doldrums and gave into Duke? What exactly happened?

Fontier decided to pull out of Dayton because Southwest decided to move in and they do not want to compete head to head anywhere. And what do they intend to operate, flights between CVG and their Denver hub. A handful of flights per week. A good addition but don't expect it to impact ticket prices out of CVG much.

It is nice to acknowledge some forward motion, but outright euphoria may be premature.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
It is nice to acknowledge some forward motion, but outright euphoria may be premature.
Noop, I am riding my euphoria high as a kite!!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Quote:
Before everyone runs off in ecstasy, just what exactly has been announced?...

...It is nice to acknowledge some forward motion, but outright euphoria may be premature.
Very much agreed, kjbrill--but in this desperate and disparate town, we easily grasp at any straws, whenever available. (You would too...if you actually lived in Cincinnati...)

Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
I just read the press release on the agreement between Duke and the City. What an agreement! They have basically agreed to let the court decide who pays. They have also agreed to abide by the court's ruling after exhausting any appeals! I wonder how many lawyer briefs that is going to take. Did they agree who is going to pay for the court costs, I didn't see that anywhere?

This is not an agreement, it is simply we will let the court decides who owes what. At least Duke will go ahead with the utility relocation so the streetcar can proceed.

Since the actual cost of utility relocation cannot be determined until it is completed, I contemplate that is when the court battle commences. I can envision this going years down the road. In the meantime where does that leave Phase II of the streetcar, way out there in limbo somewhere?

As far as the City leaders announcing some achievement with Duke. All they did was agree to place the City's liability in the hands of the court. What a beautiful negotiating tactic that is.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
As far as the City leaders announcing some achievement with Duke. All they did was agree to place the City's liability in the hands of the court. What a beautiful negotiating tactic that is.
Well, Brill, I would never expect you to actually like what the city and Duke Energy are doing, no more than I actually like it either. But --- they now have Duke on board to complete their end of the work, and both entities are moving in a direction that will benefit Cincinnati. So that is the good news. I am not sure I ever expected their disagreements to not go to court.

Have a good one, I'm off to the bar.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,466,639 times
Quote:
... Duke will go ahead with the utility relocation so the streetcar can proceed.
I had to get the weed-eater out to chop down a lot of what you wrote to get to the most important part. This ^ is why the Duke agreement, a long time in the making, is big news. All streetcar work can now fully proceed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati