U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 05:01 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,520,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
No its not...

Buses are not permanent which usually don't increase retail, offices and residential in the area, it comes after those things have been in placed, the streetcar encourages the things i listed above to come into the area giving the city more money, which sometimes means better schools and higher levels of safety.

I know many people that live in the city limits i have even asked one of them (my nephew) who lives near the zoo if he would take the streetcar, he said yes he would love to take it since it doesn't involve car traffic like buses get into. If the streetcars are priced low he said since he doesn't have much money. Since most people who live downtown don't have cars and take the bus i think this will be a great use, but again it has to do with how much money it is to ride the streetcar system. No offense my city of Cincinnati but many people in the city limits are low to middle class except for a few professionals in the heart of downtown that continues to increase rapidly.
Replied to you in the streetcar thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 05:18 PM

31,216 posts, read 57,353,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
One carrot would have been addressing you. Two carrots means it's for two posts above mine.

(Originally I had one carrot, but your post snuck in before I hit send and I had to edit it and add another.)
Since you seem so hellbent on correcting people, I feel no hesitation in bringing the following to your attention: The correct word is "caret".

Old 02-13-2013, 07:07 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,520,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Since you seem so hellbent on correcting people, I feel no hesitation in bringing the following to your attention: The correct word is "caret".
Thanks, I honestly appreciate it. I was just trying to clarify that I wasn't addressing cali. He seemed to think I was.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 PM

3,719 posts, read 5,864,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
One carrot would have been addressing you. Two carrots means it's for two posts above mine.

(Originally I had one carrot, but your post snuck in before I hit send and I had to edit it and add another.)
oh haha okay

Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,015,740 times
Hi all--

This is a brief excerpt from a market research report I'm working on:

Quote:
Some trends look set to continue and seem to be completely beyond the cities’ control – and that’s the continued outward migration of people (and money) from the core cities themselves. While Cincinnati has done a far better job than Dayton or Springfield in maintaining a successful downtown business district, no city has really been successful at stabilizing their population bases – and all continue to lose population to the suburbs.

The strongest growth areas in Cincinnati in the past twenty years have been clearly in Mason, Deerfield Township, Liberty Township, and South Lebanon. (Exits 22, 24, and 25 on I-75). Indeed, the Liberty Way interchange (Exit 24 on I-75), the Butler County Veteran’s Highway (Route 125 to Hamilton), and recent upgrade of I-75 between 275 and 675 didn’t even exist in 1994. At rush hour it is now possible, if starting in West Chester, to get north to Miamisburg more quickly than it is to get south to Cincinnati due to traffic congestion.

West Chester and Fairfield saw their most explosive growth during the 1980’s and 1990’s according to the Census, and have largely been built up by now. Their only direction is up, and if the new office park at Union Centre is any indicator, these areas will continue to grow, albeit at a slower rate. If the price is right, this is an excellent area to locate a law firm – even though office space would be likely cheaper in the “next area to develop” – which in my opinion is the Monroe and Lebanon areas (Exit 29 on I-75). The suburbs east of Cincinnati are continuing to grow as well, albeit at a comparable rate to national population growth (8-10% per decade). These areas would be good as well for the Cincinnati market, but would make Dayton an hour away or more, depending on traffic.

The strongest growth areas in Dayton are concentrated at the south end of town – Miami Township, Washington Township, and the new Austin Landing office park (Exit 41 on I-75). Springboro (Exit 38 on I-75) has also seen significant growth in recent years – although this appears to be largely residential rather than office.

The best chance, starting in 2014, in my opinion, is to locate a practice in the Liberty Township/Monroe-Mason area, as close as humanly possible to I-75. (Exits 24, 25, and 29). A second choice is near Austin Landing (Exit 41).
Locating in an area to reach both cities is going to be an increasing trend. You already see this in how many people from both Cincinnati and Dayton go to Trader's World, Jungle Jim's, Cincinnati Premium Outlets, etc. And from the middle you can get to either downtown in half an hour.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:03 AM

31,216 posts, read 57,353,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
And from the middle you can get to either downtown in half an hour.
Which is precisely why some of the other transplants that I met while living in Lebanon stayed in Lebanon.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM

204 posts, read 274,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Which is precisely why some of the other transplants that I met while living in Lebanon stayed in Lebanon.
Yes, my office is in downtown Cincinnati but I travel a lot for my work, and from Lebanon I can get to either CVG or DAY airports easily. Living in between allows me to comparison shop for flights.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:18 PM

3,751 posts, read 10,215,556 times
I guess I'll "third" that ... living in Lebanon makes getting to either downtown (or either airport) relatively simple, as long as I don't need to be fighting rush hour.

As stated in one of my earlier posts (on the roads around here) - even during rush hour, from Lebanon to downtown Cinci doesn't really take as long as you think as long as there are no accidents or obstructions.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:18 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,304,412 times
It doesn't look like it will happen this year. I wonder if Dayton declined to be combined?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...013/b13-01.pdf

Columbus and Indianapolis now have larger CSA's.

Cleveland-Akron-Canton is one CSA now.

Santa fe and Albuquerque are now one. Maybe their commuter rail helped that combination.

Last edited by unusualfire; 03-10-2013 at 08:18 PM..

Old 03-10-2013, 10:35 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,015,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
It doesn't look like it will happen this year. I wonder if Dayton declined to be combined?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...013/b13-01.pdf

Columbus and Indianapolis now have larger CSA's.

Cleveland-Akron-Canton is one CSA now.

Santa fe and Albuquerque are now one. Maybe their commuter rail helped that combination.
Hi unusualfire--

That's unusual (pun probably intended). They combined Cincinnati, Wilmington, and Maysville into one CSA (Wilmington being 51 miles away from Cincinnati and Maysville being 62 miles) but not Dayton (54 miles)?

It's fair to say that the number of Cincinnati residents commuting to Dayton and vice versa is pretty small, but I'd like to hear the commuting patters from the outlying counties to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati