U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 PM

368 posts, read 518,344 times

Advertisements

cincinnati doesnt need dayton or lima or lexington ky added to the csa to be a great city..it already is..some of these csas are getting so big i imagine one day all of ohio will be in the chicago csa or even the tokyo csa.i work in advertising we really look at the number of ppl living within a certain radius of a city..and also the demographics of the population such as age and income,education etc.the reality is cincinnati wont be helped by adding counties that are really struggling,losing population and economically depressed..it would really look bad to lump in the dayton csa ..the numbers are horrible..it would make cincinnatis numbers look really bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 08:52 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,303,702 times
Oh Montgomery county sends 994 workers to Franklin county but it sends 3293 to Hamilton county.

So Akron /canton/Sandusky and New Philly are bringing down Cleveland numbers?
Zanesville/Cambridge and such are bringing down Columbus numbers?

Oh you can get the commuter numbers here.

http://www.census.gov/population/met...ng/Table1.xlsx

Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,520,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
cincinnati doesnt need dayton or lima or lexington ky added to the csa to be a great city..it already is..some of these csas are getting so big i imagine one day all of ohio will be in the chicago csa or even the tokyo csa.i work in advertising we really look at the number of ppl living within a certain radius of a city..and also the demographics of the population such as age and income,education etc.the reality is cincinnati wont be helped by adding counties that are really struggling,losing population and economically depressed..it would really look bad to lump in the dayton csa ..the numbers are horrible..it would make cincinnatis numbers look really bad.
Hmm, your comment inspired me to look at how close the Cincy and Lexington MSAs are to each other. Turns out they share a (very small) border between Grant and Scott Counties.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:34 PM

12,785 posts, read 12,756,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Where did you find that information at? Usually the losses for the county is blamed on Cincinnati. Hopefully this is because the city gained. With all that is going on Downtown im not surprised. Hamilton County has not gained population since the 70's. I heard Baltimore reversed a 60 year trend as well.
I think this is just part of the trend of people being interested in urban living again. Core metro counties did fairly well (or at least better than 2011). No idea if the growth was in Cincy or the county, but city estimates come out in May, so that should be interesting.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 PM

73 posts, read 72,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I guess this is a big let-down for the Cincy boosters.

But hey, Maysville is an undiscovered gem of a town!
Ok, my mom was from Maysville KY, let us not get carried away.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 AM

4,245 posts, read 5,752,622 times
Maysville is rather picturesque, the way the older part of town climbs the river bluff, and the streets are at angles, so the place seems maybe more build up than it is.

If Maysville was in Northern California it would be tourist destination, like Nevada City, Grass Valley, or some of the North Bay/North Coast towns.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:51 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,303,702 times
Well the area was just given a new federal designation. This is HUGE too.

Region wins coveted 'manufacturing communities' designation | www.daytondailynews.com

The Middletown Journal had a spread on it today with some graphics. But you have to pay to see it. I saw the print version as people brings it into my work everyday.

http://www.eda.gov/challenges/imcp/f...ndout_SOAR.pdf

Last edited by unusualfire; 05-29-2014 at 02:06 PM..

Old 05-30-2014, 05:21 PM

1,879 posts, read 2,123,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Well the area was just given a new federal designation. This is HUGE too.

Region wins coveted 'manufacturing communities' designation | www.daytondailynews.com

The Middletown Journal had a spread on it today with some graphics. But you have to pay to see it. I saw the print version as people brings it into my work everyday.

http://www.eda.gov/challenges/imcp/f...ndout_SOAR.pdf

Thanks!

Old 05-30-2014, 05:41 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,367,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
Thanks!
The only people who think it is a BIG DEAL are the current or former residents of DAYTON. To the residents of Cincinnati it is a big Ho-Hum.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:34 PM

152 posts, read 140,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
The only people who think it is a BIG DEAL are the current or former residents of DAYTON. To the residents of Cincinnati it is a big Ho-Hum.
Believe it or not Kjbrill you do not speak for all Cincinnatians, although with your delusions of grandeur, I'm sure you feel exactly that you do. I also think that this example of our two regions working together to create a more powerful "one" region is fantastic. It's only going to give Southwest Ohio more national and international recognition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati