U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:54 PM

5 posts, read 9,857 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much everyone!! We are coming out in two weeks and you all have given me a great roadmap of communities and schools to check out. I really appreciate all of your helpful advice-and look forward to seeing your city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,452,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot5 View Post
Thanks so much everyone!! We are coming out in two weeks and you all have given me a great roadmap of communities and schools to check out. I really appreciate all of your helpful advice-and look forward to seeing your city!
Here is my best recommendation. Catholic schools do not have many coed HS in Cincinnati. Maybe that is something you just want, and that is OK.

I would look just inside the boundary of Indian Hill near Montgomery Rd, literally across the street from Archbishop Moeller. Granted it is not in Sycamore Schools, but I don't think anyone will tell you Indian Hill cannot carry its weight. You may prefer a coed for your son, but I think once he realizes he is part of one the the elite sports programs in the state of Ohio he might decide it is ok. The All Saints Catholic church is adjacent to Moeller HS. They have a good elementary program. If you locate a little further away there are several other parishes with good schools, St Vincent Ferrer in Kenwood, St Gertrude in Madeira, and several more.

If you want to locate in the best Catholic School area in the city, male and female, Montgomery is it. Sure I know of the legendary success of St-X high school, the college prep school. It may get your sons into the big time, but does nothing for your daughters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or