U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM

5,641 posts, read 8,749,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Anytime you have a physically liability which can stop you in your tracks, that is a reason for concern.
But I have to agree do not let it dominate you. I would feel more comfortable with the ability to at least pull a car into a driveway. But that is probably just our mentality.

So far this winter we have a couple of snows I should have shoveled. But I did not. Looked at the weather forecast, considered their factor of reliability versus my own judgement, and said NO this will melt before their next predicted apocalypse. The 50-degree temperature today will wipe out about any vestage of snow/ice we have around.

So hang in there. Seems like a house with at least a driveway would reduce your imbalance serveral-fold.
Yes, a driveway is a must because of the snow emergencies that will be declared. At least in Buffalo and also St. Paul, MN where I rented, when parking on the street during snow events I did not have to worry about the car being towed.

I don't want to rely upon neighbors for this. Currently an elderly lady lives on one side of me. I am not about to ask her to move my car. The other home next to me is vacant and apparently has been for a very long time from what I gather. I have not met anyone from across the street but it seems unlikely that making such an imposition upon anyone over there seems unwise.

You never know what kind of neighbors you are going to have. Here in the KC area I've had terrible neighbors over the 3 years that I've owned my house. Real criminals a couple of times (including right now) and then some other trashy people that were also a problem. It was rental until recently. The current young couple are doing a rent to own and the guy there is a jerk. Just this week I caught him driving his car on my lawn and into my driveway on his way to work one morning. I was returning from the laundromat and came up on his blind side when he did it. I know he would not have done it if I had been home to see it (his perception). They like to park their cars on their lawn in all sorts of configurations. I guess that it is cool to waste your lawn like that now.

In a nutshell. I'm from the school that you can only count on yourself to get something done especially if you have to impose upon others for something you should be able to do yourself.

I think what I will end up doing is at least hang onto the house for now and get it fixed up. If I have not been able to purchase a house with a driveway by the time I am ready to move to Covington, then I will move into it and just keep shopping for a home with a driveway while I live there. But in light of this I will probably not move in until snow season is gone in about a year just to be safe. It is going to take a few months to do the work that I'd like to do to get it ready to live in or sell. Delays once again. Nothing new here...

Back to my original subject. I wonder how many of these Cougar's marry younger guys and how long do these marriages last? Not long I suspect.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM

31,164 posts, read 57,288,199 times
My spouse was 3 years younger than I am. Does that count?

Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
My spouse was 3 years younger than I am. Does that count?
Nope, that makes you more of a tigress than a cougar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati