U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:03 AM
 
5,643 posts, read 8,752,443 times
Reputation: 2352

Advertisements

Cincinnati named 'cougar capital of Ohio'

Anyone know if this is for real?

I've had terrible problems with middle aged women coming onto me in the Kansas City area over the years. They behave a lot like the Eddie Haskell character on the old Leave it To Beaver TV series. Not joking. I find this kind of behavior in women not only distasteful but also a real turn off. I don't attract these kind of women in the northeast and in fact there, mostly 20 somethings or women in their early 30's seem to like me and they have better manners. But in KC over the years it has been aggressive, creepy women that seem to like me and I don't want to have to deal with this again when I move to Cincinnati.

 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati
4,007 posts, read 4,827,918 times
Reputation: 924
Eh....got me.
 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Beavercreek, OH
2,194 posts, read 3,012,544 times
Reputation: 2334
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Cincinnati named 'cougar capital of Ohio'

Anyone know if this is for real?

I've had terrible problems with middle aged women coming onto me in the Kansas City area over the years. They behave a lot like the Eddie Haskell character on the old Leave it To Beaver TV series. Not joking. I find this kind of behavior in women not only distasteful but also a real turn off. I don't attract these kind of women in the northeast and in fact there, mostly 20 somethings or women in their early 30's seem to like me and they have better manners. But in KC over the years it has been aggressive, creepy women that seem to like me and I don't want to have to deal with this again when I move to Cincinnati.
Hi WILWRadio--

My dating history with older women has been an unqualified disaster. Although I can't really quantify whether Cincinnati is the "cougar capital", I can certainly tell you my reaction when I'm approached by one:

I was like 15 when the song came out, and I can tell you that Stacy's mom did not have it going on.
 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 AM
 
5,643 posts, read 8,752,443 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi WILWRadio--

My dating history with older women has been an unqualified disaster. Although I can't really quantify whether Cincinnati is the "cougar capital", I can certainly tell you my reaction when I'm approached by one:

I was like 15 when the song came out, and I can tell you that Stacy's mom did not have it going on.
Same for me over the years. And worse still is the kind of personality traits and character these women possess. They actually behave like men and I just don't want to deal with it. They want to wear the pants in a relationship. My older brother married a woman 15 years younger than he but she possesses the same kind of character and personality as these Cougar types and she turned out to be a bona fide psychopath. I am now able to quickly discern within minutes of talking to a woman, regardless of age whether or not she is one of these nut jobs.
 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 AM
 
1,556 posts, read 1,462,107 times
Reputation: 1626
In the more affluent parts of town such as Hyde Park, Indian Hill, Mason, and Montgomery, there are a lot of beautiful and well-put-together women----40's and early 50's. Well dressed and in good shape........maybe it's because I'm approaching middle age, but I find many of these women a lot more attractive than their counterparts in their 20's. I suppose it's the way the older women carry themselves with a certain degree of class.....and accomplishment.
 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 AM
 
5,643 posts, read 8,752,443 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
In the more affluent parts of town such as Hyde Park, Indian Hill, Mason, and Montgomery, there are a lot of beautiful and well-put-together women----40's and early 50's. Well dressed and in good shape........maybe it's because I'm approaching middle age, but I find many of these women a lot more attractive than their counterparts in their 20's. I suppose it's the way the older women carry themselves with a certain degree of class.....and accomplishment.
In KC they don't. They behave like trash, at least the kind that are interested in me. I NEVER had that problem while living in affluent areas of Connecticut (my home state) or for that matter other states where I've lived. Here in KC the 20 somethings seem to have better manners overall though some are still rather nasty. But definitely a smaller percentage of that age bracket compared to those over say 35 years old and definitely in their 40's and 50's.
 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM
 
1,556 posts, read 1,462,107 times
Reputation: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
In KC they don't. They behave like trash, at least the kind that are interested in me. I NEVER had that problem while living in affluent areas of Connecticut (my home state) or for that matter other states where I've lived. Here in KC the 20 somethings seem to have better manners overall though some are still rather nasty. But definitely a smaller percentage of that age bracket compared to those over say 35 years old and definitely in their 40's and 50's.
When you moving to Cinti? Sounds like the sooner, the better
 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 AM
 
5,643 posts, read 8,752,443 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
When you moving to Cinti? Sounds like the sooner, the better
No kidding. You would not believe what the KC region is like. Can you say "Deliverance"?

It should be later this year barring any more problems here that have prevented me from relocating. I may be looking to purchase another house in Covington though because it appears I will need off street parking because of the snow emergencies that area communities issue. Did not know about that when I purchased my home without a driveway. My house here in the KC area is in the process of selling and by June I should know how much money I have to spend on another property.
 
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,165 posts, read 57,302,589 times
Reputation: 52030
Guess I shouldn't move back to town, then. Too much competition.

Seriously ... I'm middle-aged, widowed, and embarrassed to be lumped in with this group. Guess that makes me a fuddy-duddy. LOL
 
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 AM
 
1,295 posts, read 1,519,319 times
Reputation: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
No kidding. You would not believe what the KC region is like. Can you say "Deliverance"?

It should be later this year barring any more problems here that have prevented me from relocating. I may be looking to purchase another house in Covington though because it appears I will need off street parking because of the snow emergencies that area communities issue. Did not know about that when I purchased my home without a driveway. My house here in the KC area is in the process of selling and by June I should know how much money I have to spend on another property.
Why don't you just make an arrangement with a neighbor to move your car if need be? It's not like it's a major hassle for someone who is present and able-bodied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top