Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 AM

6,341 posts, read 11,087,268 times

Advertisements

Best to do a senior prank on the last day of school. That is what my senior class did and the only thing the administration could do is give the participants a few hours of detention. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 AM

4,481 posts, read 6,236,176 times
I dunno, after reading that the students were warned not to have their water balloon fight and did so anyway, I'm glad they had their prom cancelled. Plus, students were hurt from slipping. What else is the Principle supposed to do?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,906 times
I remember our senior pranks and I'm glad we didn't have this Withrow principal. She might have canceled graduation and college in the fall. We, among other things, dropped stink bombs in the halls while changing classes, had the lunchroom food fights (those little white bite-size donuts really fly well) and put syrup on the stairway rails.

The syrup one got us in the most trouble.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 AM

4,481 posts, read 6,236,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
I remember our senior pranks and I'm glad we didn't have this Withrow principal. She might have canceled graduation and college in the fall. We, among other things, dropped stink bombs in the halls while changing classes, had the lunchroom food fights (those little white bite-size donuts really fly well) and put syrup on the stairway rails.

The syrup one got us in the most trouble.

ROFL!! Too funny.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM

213 posts, read 674,757 times
The Principal warned them ahead of time on two separate occasions what the consequences would be if this happened.

Senior pranks are fine and all but I can see why a school would be against a water balloon fight inside the school. That can cause all kinds of water damage throughout the school and when you have special needs kids attending the school they can be hurt. The water leaked all throughout the school it didn't just sit stagnant in the cafeteria.

The bottom line is the kids were pre-warned of the consequences if they did this and they still chose to do it. The biggest issue I have is with the parents defending the kids and once again not respecting authority. I just feel sorry for some of these kids for having some of the parents they do. Then again I have to say I'm not surprised considering this is a CPS school.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:48 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,339 times
^Why not suspend the students that actually did it?

Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM

213 posts, read 674,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
^Why not suspend the students that actually did it?
I think if they knew who all of them were that would be the best step to take instead of punishing all of the students in the senior class. The problem is I understand over 150 students were involved. It would be almost impossible to pick all of them out.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Good thing this principal wasn't in attendance at my high school's infamous French Club potluck picnic way back when. Those in the know knew to avoid anything chocolate. A few favorite teachers overheard rumors of the extra-chocolate-y extra ingredient, but chose to disbelieve those rumors.

They shouldn't have.

Some of the honor students were involved, just prior to Senior Recognition Day, when several of them were slated to receive various awards and scholarships. No one tattled and nothing could be proved...so all awards were distributed as planned, and everyone graduated on schedule.

But the notorious French Club chocolate cake still is a topic of conversation at every reunion our class has held!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:58 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Good thing this principal wasn't in attendance at my high school's infamous French Club potluck picnic way back when. Those in the know knew to avoid anything chocolate. A few favorite teachers overheard rumors of the extra-chocolate-y extra ingredient, but chose to disbelieve those rumors.

They shouldn't have.

Some of the honor students were involved, just prior to Senior Recognition Day, when several of them were slated to receive various awards and scholarships. No one tattled and nothing could be proved...so all awards were distributed as planned, and everyone graduated on schedule.

But the notorious French Club chocolate cake still is a topic of conversation at every reunion our class has held!
Ah! Glory Days!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:31 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Puh-leeez, name one urban "non-exam" high school where kids aren't packing heat now. Not every one of the kids, to be sure, but there are plenty of pointless rivalries between the 'hoods that lead to shootings and to teens arming themselves for "self defense." Chicago, Detroit, Miami, Los Angeles, etc aren't alone. Do you really think the "resource officers" are there to prevent kids from cutting classes? Do you really think the student body at Withrow is a reflection of the community where it's situated? Or that the juvies who get themselves in the media for street robberies on Madison Rd after classes are from Hyde Park?
All the more reason to decry the principal's decision to scrub the prom over some harmless fun that could just as easily have been perpetrated at any school anywhere. One can only hope that she doesn't go on to expel the "ringleaders." That once happened a generation ago after some 12th-graders carried out a conspiracy to hit a teacher in the face with a pie. In that case the horrid sinister plot was hatched at the blackboard jungle known as Saint X.

i teach at a large rural high school and it is very common to find ammo in the restrooms. NOW the common explanation is that it's from kids who are avid hunters and more often than not most findings occur during deer season but still....kind of unsettling knowing that kids have ammo in the building and probably their guns in the trunk out in the parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati