U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-27-2013, 03:14 PM
 
Location: canada
294 posts, read 406,087 times
Reputation: 61
I found out why my Pringles can still says P and G..

They are made in the cellulose division.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,159 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Reputation: 52025
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplelady View Post
I found out why my Pringles can still says P and G..

They are made in the cellulose division.
Your Pringles can says P&G because those particular chips were manufactured before the sale to Kellogg's closed. That happened last spring.

Procter & Gamble completes Pringles sale to Kellogg - Business Courier
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Mason, OH
9,259 posts, read 13,358,349 times
Reputation: 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Your Pringles can says P&G because those particular chips were manufactured before the sale to Kellogg's closed. That happened last spring.

Procter & Gamble completes Pringles sale to Kellogg - Business Courier
The only question in my mind is why did Kellogg buy it. Why not just produce a copy-cat and market it just like Pringles. Surely after all these years there were no patent issues.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2013, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Philaburbia
31,159 posts, read 57,274,608 times
Reputation: 52025
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
The only question in my mind is why did Kellogg buy it. Why not just produce a copy-cat and market it just like Pringles. Surely after all these years there were no patent issues.
P&G wanted to unload the last of its food products, and Kellogg already produces a lot of snack foods. It was probably cheaper and easier to buy Pringles -- an established brand -- than to engage in all that R&D and marketing for a new product.

Copycats don't always do well, either: Dr Pepper vs. Mr. Pibb, etc.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 AM
 
133 posts, read 153,952 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
P&G wanted to unload the last of its food products, and Kellogg already produces a lot of snack foods. It was probably cheaper and easier to buy Pringles -- an established brand -- than to engage in all that R&D and marketing for a new product.

Copycats don't always do well, either: Dr Pepper vs. Mr. Pibb, etc.
Also, Kellogg and P&G are friendly towards each other so it wasn't a crazy decision in the slightest.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM
 
Location: canada
294 posts, read 406,087 times
Reputation: 61
Default Update on the Pringles can.

I looked at the cans in the store today and this batch says :

Pringles Manufacturing Company
1306 Highway 70 Bypass
Jackson , TN
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Dublin, OH
2,359 posts, read 3,299,773 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplelady View Post
I looked at the cans in the store today and this batch says :

Pringles Manufacturing Company
1306 Highway 70 Bypass
Jackson , TN

I work for a large Third Party Logistics company and we do a lot of business with P & G, especially their Iams division...we did a lot of work for the Pringles division too and because of that, P & G gave our company a good review to Kellogs...now we are working w/ a lot of Kellog's business...Over the last year though, we've moved well over 500 truckload from this Jackson, TN facility, outside of P & G's Leipsic, OH plant which produces Iams Pet Food, this is our busiest location.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top