Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:18 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times

Advertisements

Just because they say they will tolerate a 30 minute commute doesn't mean they need one. If you are going to work near or in Blue Ash, then live there or close by. You people who are always talking about walkable neighborhoods, the same goes with your commute. The shorter the better. And if you have a dog, you are much more likely to find an affordable house in Deer Park with a fenced yard, or any yard, than anywhere else closer in to the city. Yes I do listen to what the posters say they desire, and that is why I recommend Deer Park or maybe Dillonvale. Live close to work and enjoy your free time. Especially enjoy your time at Kenwood Town Center figuring our how to spent the money you are making from your new job.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,908,658 times
Only the OP can tell us for sure if your reasoning is valid, but based on the picture they paint of their wishes it sounds like Deer Park and Dillonvale (I don't even know where that is!) would be too isolated and boring for them.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:40 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
Only the OP can tell us for sure if your reasoning is valid, but based on the picture they paint of their wishes it sounds like Deer Park and Dillonvale (I don't even know where that is!) would be too isolated and boring for them.
I think shopping malls, like the one out in Kenwood, are boring. In fact, I quit going to shopping malls over a decade ago. Heck the OP could live downtown and still make the trek to Blue Ash in around 1/2 hour. In my opinion, the closer to downtown/uptown the better.

Clifton was an excellent recommendation. I would also say give Mount Adams a look, as well as Northside, CUF, OTR, CBD, and Prospect Hill. Blue Ash is an easy ride from any of them, and doing the reverse commute is not as bad as coming into the city from the burbs.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Just because they say they will tolerate a 30 minute commute doesn't mean they need one. If you are going to work near or in Blue Ash, then live there or close by. You people who are always talking about walkable neighborhoods, the same goes with your commute......
Save the lecture. I would leave the tristate before living in ANY of the further out suburbs around Cincinnati. I like where I live, and especially that I can walk to damn near everything I do, if I so choose. Or I can spring a little dough for cab fare, or take the bus. And I guarantee you there is nothing boring about where I live. There is so much to do, that my family and I have to pick and choose the best option.

Not everyone wants your lifestyle, Brill. I don't know why you can't leave well enough alone, but have to come charging in on us all the time. Breathe easy and relax.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:53 PM

148 posts, read 213,387 times
I agree w/ninja, "square peg, round hole". Her demographic appears to be "young professional, relo paid by hiring company." As such, why should she need to "make do" in neighborhoods best characterized as "no identity"? Blue Ash company hires young professional. Young professional simply decides if she likes young professional complex in Blue Ash/Montgomery (nearby office), or Kenwood (if she likes nice malls), Deerfield (if she likes country), or Hyde Park (if she likes faster track). If company offer too low to afford those appropriate locations, then that's another matter.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
I did not see any specifics requesting a vibrant and urban neighborhood. What I did see was safe surroundings, have a dog, and somewhat close to the City. The neighborhoods I recommended, Deer Park and Dillonvalle both qualify for that. If they are too boring then just stay home near work in either Blue Ash or the adjacent Montgomery or a little south in Kenwood Town Center and surrounds. If that is too tame then just jump on I-71 and head south to such as Mt Adams. But the fact is you will only go there infequently, as the hop-hop wears thin quickly.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
as the hop-hop wears thin quickly.
What is hop-hop?

Last edited by TomJones123; 02-26-2013 at 04:21 PM..

Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM

In my judgment, your reading of OP's post is tone deaf. You seem unable to put yourself in their shoes and view the various options from their perspective.

Again, only OP can be the ultimate judge of that. But I've seen you do it before and have my suspicions confirmed.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Wherever do you come up with some of this stuff.
Simple. Human nature basicaly likes a mild and tolerant environment. That is what you find in Deer Park and Dillonvale, particularly if you find a property where that dog can feel at home. So now you are happy since the dog is happy and you have a short commute to work. Is there more you want in life? If so then venture into the City. Otherwise just be content with your mundane suburban lifestyle enjoying that dog.

We had dogs for about 30 years when our kids were growing up. They were great. Now we have had cats for about the last 20 years. They are different but also great. Our current one, Zoey, comes up about 6:00 AM in the morning, jumps up, and lays on me. She will stay there until I get up, go downstairs, and get her a small can of wet food. If the wife gets up earlier and feeds her she is content with that too. But she will still come back upstairs and jump on me until I get up. Pets are great in our lives and great to have around.

Just find an environment where you and the dog can coexist. It will make your transition to Cincinnati so much easier.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:40 PM

Patronizing and tone-deaf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati