U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 PM

8 posts, read 9,806 times

Advertisements

natininja -- all good, lol. I figured it out. Walnut Hills High School is exceptional. Will have to figure out transportation, but worth it. goyguy -- yes! just found a temporary apartment literally next door to Bob's shop. Great neighborhood.

For longer term -- what do y'all think about Evanston, closer to O'Bryonville? Not sure I could afford to buy in Hyde Park unless it's a serious fixer, which isn't gonna work for me anytime soon. Evanston looks affordable, but is it on the rise? safe enough for two wise 13 year olds to walk around in the daytime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 05:53 AM

2,886 posts, read 3,950,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runbaber View Post
natininja -- all good, lol. I figured it out. Walnut Hills High School is exceptional. Will have to figure out transportation, but worth it. goyguy -- yes! just found a temporary apartment literally next door to Bob's shop. Great neighborhood.

For longer term -- what do y'all think about Evanston, closer to O'Bryonville? Not sure I could afford to buy in Hyde Park unless it's a serious fixer, which isn't gonna work for me anytime soon. Evanston looks affordable, but is it on the rise? safe enough for two wise 13 year olds to walk around in the daytime?
I would not allow my 13 year olds to walk around Evanston in the daytime.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 AM

101 posts, read 149,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
I would not allow my 13 year olds to walk around Evanston in the daytime.
Maybe the ~ half mile stretch along in O'Bryonville, but there's nothing there that would interest 13-year old kids.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM

2,886 posts, read 3,950,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8buckeye08 View Post
Maybe the ~ half mile stretch along in O'Bryonville, but there's nothing there that would interest 13-year old kids.
True. Although I think of O'Bryonville being its own neighborhood, or that it's part of East Walnut Hills. Now I'm not even sure!

When I said no, I had in mind the residential areas of Evanston.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,333 times
Default Fully Furnished Relocation Housing Options

There are some apartment rental companies that offer all inclusive, fully furnished short-term lease apartments specifically designed for people who are relocating to Cincinnati. Some of these places are priced far less than an extended stay and allow those who are relocating to Cincinnati to familiarize themselves with the area while they decide on something more permanent.

I know of at least one fully furnished short-term lease apartment company in Mt. Lookout and another in Deer Park/Dillonvale just south of Blue Ash where a friend of mine who relocated to Western & Southern lived while she searched for a house.

Good luck!

Old 09-24-2013, 10:05 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,141,263 times
Check craigslist for condo rentals in Mason. I found a 3 bed, 2 car enclosed garage for under $1400 per month when I was renting and it was 10 min if that from PG in Mason.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:17 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,360,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
True. Although I think of O'Bryonville being its own neighborhood, or that it's part of East Walnut Hills. Now I'm not even sure!

When I said no, I had in mind the residential areas of Evanston.
Since we have basically jumped 6 months forward, I would have to believe the OP has made a decision on where to live in the area. Where are our thoughts sometimes?

Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,141,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Since we have basically jumped 6 months forward, I would have to believe the OP has made a decision on where to live in the area. Where are our thoughts sometimes?
It's all Aaron K's fault lol! I didn't check the date of his post before replying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or