U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 PM

10 posts, read 12,645 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking to buy a multi-unit property and am looking for a good realtor in the area. Does anyone know someone that you can recommend? My realtor that helped me with my house wouldn't know much about multi-unit properties and therefore I need someone that is working strictly with that.

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM

688 posts, read 863,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefsj View Post
Hi,

I am looking to buy a multi-unit property and am looking for a good realtor in the area. Does anyone know someone that you can recommend? My realtor that helped me with my house wouldn't know much about multi-unit properties and therefore I need someone that is working strictly with that.

Thank you in advance
I know a realtor that has nearly 40 years experience in the industry. She isn't strictly muti-family but has listed and sold these properties before if your requirements can be relaxed.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:05 PM

As long as she knows about multi's, I don't mind. I guess I made my posting sound too strict . Can you PM me her name and contact?

Thank you

Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM

682 posts, read 1,388,065 times
I guess a little more info might be helpful. Are you looking for duplexes, 4 families and what price point. Are you looking for turn key property or rehab property? Are neighborhoods important to you. Are we talking urban property. Different realtors tend to specialize in different neighborhoods. If I know more of what you are looking for I may be able to put you in touch with someone.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the response.

I am looking more of a turnkey type property and it should be minimum of 4 units. I am looking at th3 100k to 200k price range so that will automatically limit the neighborhoods. I have been looking in Price Hill for a while as well as Oakley area, but a lot of these type of properties seem to be in rough shape and here and there new ones show up where the owner just wants to cash out. That's what I am looking for.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2013, 06:52 AM

682 posts, read 1,388,065 times
In that price range you may want to consider looking at Westwood and Cheviot. I would avoid Harrison Avenue which has a more "transitory" rental market. There are a lot of well built 4 plexes on Werk Rd and sidestreets near Glenway and Glenmore. Also look on Boudinot . Most of these buildings were built post WW2 and have had long term owners who are retiring and in some cases actually lived on site. They typically sit in clusters of 2-4 on streets with nice owner occupied single family homes built 1900-1920. Tenants are likely going to be older and more financially stable. Westwood had three very involved neighborhood groups. Single family home prices have remained pretty stable and parts of Westwood look a lot like Hyde Park (in many cases built by the same architects)

You should drive the area to familiarize yourself.Many of these will be for sale by owner. I can send you privately a realtor I know who could probably help you.

Price Hill is still a very mixed bag. The Incline District prices are a bit inflated at the moment. If your goal is longer term stability Westwood and Cheviot are a better bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or