U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:34 AM

82 posts, read 182,318 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what people think about the area....which one is better / worse...and why?
Lebanon?
Maineville?
Loveland?
Morrow?
Goshen?
Batavia?
Oregonia?
and open to any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 AM

2,509 posts, read 3,354,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosgreat View Post
Just wondering what people think about the area....which one is better / worse...and why?
Lebanon?
Maineville?
Loveland?
Morrow?
Goshen?
Batavia?
Oregonia?
Since you didn't give any criteria to base an evaluation, I will create my own.

If I were looking to operate a meth lab, I would choose Oregonia or Goshen. I would choose this based on the cheap price of land and the news reports that suggest I would have a good customer base.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 AM

31,201 posts, read 57,331,348 times
They're all different, and appeal to different people in different ways.

That's as good an answer as the question deserves.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:40 AM

82 posts, read 182,318 times
Question What can you tell me about Wayne Twp, Clermont County....the school is NE LSD, Goshen mailing....

Would like to know what your thoughts are on Wayne Twp, Clermont County...
It is a Goshen mailing address...but is in the NE LSD....were looking at a home and not being familiar with area...I do not know anything about what the schools are like or if its a desirable area or not....the homes around the home were looking at are all very nice...but what is the general area like?

Thanks.....

Old 06-05-2013, 09:55 AM

31,201 posts, read 57,331,348 times
The general area is ... rural. Bucolic and peaceful. Stonelick State Park is nearby, and that's a plus.

My contacts and information about the Clermont Northeastern school district are a decade old. The current superintendent used to head the Goshen district, but that's all I can tell you.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:28 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,367,556 times
Clermont Northeastern LSD has gone the route of voting a 1% local income tax for at least part of their revenue rather than just straight property tax. It is a rather large district encompassing 75 square miles. Goshen is the other Clermont district which also has a local income tax for the schools, which is an Ohio option. Don't know what CNE's overall fiscal rating is, but their academic rating is 7 out of 10.

I do know the West Clermont LSD is facing a fiscal emergency status after repeated defeats of tax levies. Fiscal Emergency means the state takes over control of school expenses, telling them how and what they can spend. This is usually not good.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:06 PM

3,751 posts, read 10,211,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosgreat View Post
Lebanon?
Maineville?
Loveland?
Morrow?
Goshen?
Batavia?
Oregonia?
I swear we've seen this exact aggregation of communities before -- and I don't think I would change anything from my previous post.

Lebanon is the biggest population center of the above listed communities. All are essentially rural (Lebanon being a County Seat, but still a small town /rural feel).

For me - more people = more opportunities/more services/more-shopping/resources... so that's better.

Less people = less of the above, and not as nice (for me).

Geographically - all are beautiful, peaceful, etc.. basically rural countryside.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:19 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,367,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
I swear we've seen this exact aggregation of communities before -- and I don't think I would change anything from my previous post.

Lebanon is the biggest population center of the above listed communities. All are essentially rural (Lebanon being a County Seat, but still a small town /rural feel).

For me - more people = more opportunities/more services/more-shopping/resources... so that's better.

Less people = less of the above, and not as nice (for me).

Geographically - all are beautiful, peaceful, etc.. basically rural countryside.
I am sure we have seen them and nothing has really changed. Your appraisal they are rural countryside is certainly correct. So how is there anything to differentiate? Without a specific criteria asking for a critique is meaningless. The response they are many things to many people is certainly correct. Go out and tour all of them, if you see something which strikes your boat then settle there.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 PM

5,685 posts, read 5,890,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
I swear we've seen this exact aggregation of communities before.
Ya think?!

Here.

What do you think of when you think of/hear someone say Milford? Williamsburg? Lebanon? Morrow? Maineville?

And here.

What can you tell me about Oregonia, Waynesville, Franklin, Lebanon,

Old 06-06-2013, 05:00 AM

3,751 posts, read 10,211,776 times
Knew it!

But my search skills are not up to par with yours. I'm not good at fancy things like searching and pulling in multiple titles...

5+ years on C/D and still a novice when it comes to fancy things like that.

What makes me curious is -- even a quick search would tell you that Lebanon is 10x bigger than most of the other communities that get listed. A short drive to/through would REALLY emphasize that. Which always confuses me because people are basically asking, "here are 5 unpopulated really rural areas, and 1 small town that is bordered by rurality (I just made that word up!!) --- where should I go?"..

And really Lebanon is not truly like the others. Its no Cincinnati, but it has traffic, and stoplights, and drugs, and a jail, and 3 grocery stores, and a full complement of fast food restaurants, and a Walmart. ( 3 vets, multiple dentists/lawyers/antique stores, tire shops, car dealerships, etc..)

Its just really *bigger* than the others, even though its not big at all.

So I always wonder how they come up with this aggregation of places, and then they throw Lebanon on....

end mini-soap box. Now I'm going to figure out how to use "rurality" in sentences throughout the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or