Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 AM

4 posts, read 7,682 times

Advertisements

I just got job in northwest of cincinnati(Wesselman RD). I am going to drive there this weekend. I have no idea about cincinnati. I would like to rent an apartment to start. I will live there by myself right now,but my son might move here next year sometime,so the school is very important. I move from dublin,and i really like some place like that. I am not a good driver(always get lost), so closer will be better,but at least safe and nice,not too expensive. Which area should I focus on.Any advice will be helpful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 11:33 AM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
I presume you mean Dublin, Ohio?

There is no place around the Wesselman Road area of Cincinnati which would remotely come close to Dublin. However, you would be in the Oak Hills School district, which is a really good district to be in. Plus, that section of the area is generally cheaper to live in than the rest of the area, yet the homes and apartments are still very nice. Basically anyplace you looked at over there would be a good area.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Thanks for you reply...

Yes, I mean dublin ohio. I would like to find some place similar,or at least it is nice and safe, and something i can enjoy after work. I heard east of cincy is better, is it right? If some place within 20 minitues will be okay too.
Thanks

Old 11-05-2007, 02:49 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Honestly, if you want to stay within a 20-minute drive of where you work, you're not going to be able to live on the east side of Cincinnati. You'd even be a bit hard pressed to find anything in the north or northeast suburbs that would be within that commute time, and that's where you're most likely to find anything along the lines of Dublin.

The Wesselman Road area is in a totally conservative part of the Cincinnati area, but there are really nice areas all around there, with a lot of newer homes and subdivisions. And yes, it would be safe. So the sad reality is unless you really want to make a longer commute to work everyday, you may have to give up the idea of living on the west side in an area similar to Dublin.

On the upside, that part of Cincinnati has a lot of hills and pretty scenery!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:19 AM

Default thanks again

Yes, I agree with the hill and nice view, but nothing else is going on. I drove there twice, only saw one apartment was new, but not cheap( $700 or more for one br). If I do want to live in some nice area, where will be the best choice and how far will it be?
Thanks again.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Maybe Glendale or Wyoming? Greenhills? They may come closest to that small city feel. All are on the west side of town.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 PM

351 posts, read 1,874,003 times
Here's where I jump in. I saw your initial query, but really don't know much about what's off of I-74.

Both Glendale or Wyoming would give you a community feel, and there are apartments and apartment complexes around both. However, in both cases you'd likely be looking at a 30 minute commute on I-275. If that is acceptable, you might want to consider Springdale also. (If you plan to commute, I would suggest that you look on/around the I-275 area and not make yourself dependent on I-75. Rush hour traffic is horrible).

Old 11-08-2007, 03:19 PM

6 posts, read 40,724 times
The Oak Hills school system is very highly regarded so would be good for your son if he moved in with you. In my opinion this part of Cincinnati area residents are typically very friendly and family oriented with many living in the area their entire lives. There are great buying opportunities with our housing market in a slump so you may look at that route also or in the short term

Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 AM

Thanks for all your help. I got an apartment in west hills and it sounds a good start for me. After i move there, maybe I will know more about that area and have some idea.
Thanks a lot.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 AM

83 posts, read 438,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annge View Post
Thanks for all your help. I got an apartment in west hills and it sounds a good start for me. After i move there, maybe I will know more about that area and have some idea.Thanks a lot.
I've lived in this area for much of my life...and to be honest with you it is the westside. What that means is that you can do much of your shopping/dining/extracurriculars around this area. While they are all available they are not all that special either. You won't find unique shopping, dining or entertainment on the Westside for the most part. What you will find is a stable neighborhood atmosphere with a great family-oriented mindset.

Essentially you could live out your entire life on the Westside (as many Westsiders do) and never have to leave...but at the same time there is no desire for outsiders to come to the Westside for anything. That, in a nutshell, sums up the Westside as a whole. Hopefully you enjoy yourself there...it is easy to fall in love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati