Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 05:22 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t45209 View Post
I love to swing into Moerlein's Taproom down on Moore Street in OTR to pick up a growler of their Vienna Lager.
I worked security during Bockfest. I would absolutely LOVE to see more happen at Moerlein Brewery on Moore St. I don't think Greg is up for doing too many more events there though, due to the size of the hall and lack of foot traffic on Moore. It really takes something the scope of Bockfest to drive enough people there to justify opening it up.

The Vienna Lager is delish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 05:40 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,541,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
I worked security during Bockfest. I would absolutely LOVE to see more happen at Moerlein Brewery on Moore St. I don't think Greg is up for doing too many more events there though, due to the size of the hall and lack of foot traffic on Moore. It really takes something the scope of Bockfest to drive enough people there to justify opening it up.

The Vienna Lager is delish.
Actually, I spoke to Greg during Taste of Cincinnati, and there are plans to put a conference facility in the brewery, and tomorrow night they are hosting a gathering for the Walnut Hills Urban Redevelopment Foundation to gather ideas for the rehab of Peeble's Corner. Moerlein Beer and Eli's Barbecue will be served!

They are also talking about a rooftop biergarten at the Moerlein Brewery.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:43 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,230,642 times
Quote:
Actually, I spoke to Greg during Taste of Cincinnati, and there are plans to put a conference facility in the brewery, and tomorrow night they are hosting a gathering for the Walnut Hills Urban Redevelopment Foundation to gather ideas for the rehab of Peeble's Corner. Moerlein Beer and Eli's Barbecue will be served!

They are also talking about a rooftop biergarten at the Moerlein Brewery.
That's awesome! I see him around my favorite watering hole, but haven't talked about plans for Moerlein. I always thought if the reconfigured the setup to match the event size, they would be able to host a lot of events there. He does smaller, off the radar events there year round, as I understand.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:00 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,541,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_6 View Post

When I first moved here I drank a lot of Hudy 14K (I'd be more ashamed of that if it wasn't a local beer, but I'm still ashamed). For cheap beer I didn't think it was terrible.
Don't hate on the 14k! And as light beers go, Hudy Delight stands above Miller and Bud. Of the Hudy labels, I always keep a few Hudy Amber Lagers around the house, and the Summer Pilsner, Hudepohl Oktoberfest, and even the Hudepohl Porter are decent.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:29 PM

89 posts, read 191,782 times
Quote:
Don't hate on the 14k! And as light beers go, Hudy Delight stands above Miller and Bud. Of the Hudy labels, I always keep a few Hudy Amber Lagers around the house, and the Summer Pilsner, Hudepohl Oktoberfest, and even the Hudepohl Porter are decent.
I'm only ashamed because I loved it! I still need to taste the Amber Lager, though. I keep seeing it at the store and passing it over for craft beers.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
Mad Tree Brewing near Oakley (a new microbrewery off Ridge Ave exit) is holding a tasting and all you can eat dinner tomorrow night. It's at a nearby restaurant (maybe google it?). A coworker is going-----$25/person covers food and 2 beers.....indoor/outdoor venue.

Last edited by flashes1; 06-27-2013 at 08:06 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 08:00 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_6 View Post
I'm only ashamed because I loved it! I still need to taste the Amber Lager, though. I keep seeing it at the store and passing it over for craft beers.
Amber Lager is unquestionably their 2nd best beer just behind OTR......and is very reasonably priced. Both are my go-to beers.....I think a 12 pack costs $10 or $11. I've enjoyed a couple Rivertown beers in the bars....but I need to pick up a 6 pack to get to know it better....I liked what I had in the bar.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,907,657 times
I like Hudy Amber Lager, for a cheap(ish) beer. It definitely punches above its "price class". Though I'm not a huge fan of lager, generally. Moerlein's Double Dark Lager is another decent local lager.

Wish I had more opportunity to try more Cincy beers, but they're not available around here.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
I expect to get some weird tasting beers from a microbrewery. That is their stock in trade, otherwise why would they exist? If they can't shock the taste buds, why go there? It should be an adenture when you enter their premises. But if they intend to expand beyond that category they will have to find something more mainstream in appeal. And let's face it. Bud and Miller are the mainsteam. But I will have to admit ever since Yuengling came to town their draft is my favotite.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:03 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I expect to get some weird tasting beers from a microbrewery. That is their stock in trade, otherwise why would they exist? If they can't shock the taste buds, why go there? It should be an adenture when you enter their premises. But if they intend to expand beyond that category they will have to find something more mainstream in appeal. And let's face it. Bud and Miller are the mainsteam. But I will have to admit ever since Yuengling came to town their draft is my favotite.
I hate to tell you this, but what you consider "shocking" is becoming more and more "mainstream" everyday. Bud & Miller are declining in sales annually, while craft brewing is seeing large growth without any signs of slowing. People want to taste good beer again, just like our ancestors drank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati