Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 06:03 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks0477 View Post
Crime. I've spent a significant amount of time in Price Hill. It's still a large, large problem.

Hopefully one day that will change. But I looked at a house right over on the eastern portion of Delhi near the Price Hill side and the neighbors there even told me about the degradation of the area.

Covedale and Delhi are much better than Price Hill, but the rougher areas are naturally closer to Price Hill than away from it.

Delhi I'd personally prefer, as I believe they are Oak Hills schools instead of Cincy public and I feel is just a better community than Covedale.
I agree with this. Given what the OP asked about (which didn't involve Price Hill anyway) and in their price range, it would be stupid for them to consider Price Hill over either Covedale or Delhi. THIS DOES NOT MEAN Price Hill is a bad choice for everyone. Just not for this family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 06:16 AM

3 posts, read 3,898 times
Thank you all for your time and opinions. It sounds like we would be happy with a choice on the Westside.

I believe that the sense of a "community" is most important to us right now. Our school-age children are not happy with the idea of moving and leaving all of their small-town friends and way of life. Here, we bike or walk to school and work; their classrooms are 13 to 15 students. It is idyllic at times, suffocating at others. We really need a place that is catered towards families and school when making such a radical move.

Husband will be working at UC so the commute wont be terrible, haven't tried it at rush hour however.

Again, thank you for the input and enjoy your weekend.

Becky

Old 07-07-2013, 11:08 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,543,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationconsultant View Post
I dont think we are an outlier at all. I went to a rave held in a warehouse outside my neighborhood on the westside, a invitain only gallery exhibition held in an industrial space. I am working with a VERY Diverse client base who are restoring in, Price Hill, lower price,Riverside/sedamsville and Westwood. Many of the people originally attracted to OTR/West end/Mt Adams are moving to westside because they are smart enough to see the transition. Since you can be downtown in 5-10 minutes "nightlife" is easily attainable, but you are not paying 300 per square ft. Price Hill is working on an entertainment district, The Lunkenheimer 2 building is being converted to artist/photographer space. MSD will be totally changing S Fairmount with the lick run project.

If anything ,the 'old guard' conservatives, that many refer to on this site, have moved on to the townships several years ago.

The westside is changing and probably for the better, WHILE retaining a sense of community and values that make good neighborhoods.
I still think you are talking about pockets, and with all due respect, you may be too close to the situation to really see the big picture. Don't get me wrong. I think the work you are doing is great and I love your enthusiasm. I just don't share your optimism for some of these areas, largely because they are comparatively isolated, and there are just not enough like-minded people to make all of these grand things happen. At best, I expect some of these areas to plateau much the way Northside has, and maybe not on as a high a plain.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:10 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bserra55 View Post
Thank you all for your time and opinions. It sounds like we would be happy with a choice on the Westside.

I believe that the sense of a "community" is most important to us right now. Our school-age children are not happy with the idea of moving and leaving all of their small-town friends and way of life. Here, we bike or walk to school and work; their classrooms are 13 to 15 students. It is idyllic at times, suffocating at others. We really need a place that is catered towards families and school when making such a radical move.

Husband will be working at UC so the commute wont be terrible, haven't tried it at rush hour however.

Again, thank you for the input and enjoy your weekend.

Becky
Although I think the Delhi area would offer much of what you're looking for, the nicer parts are spread-out suburbia. When I read your description above I immediately thought of Ft. Mitchell in Kentucky and its Beechwood school district. Is Kentucky a possibility?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,908,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationconsultant View Post
If anything ,the 'old guard' conservatives, that many refer to on this site, have moved on to the townships several years ago.
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this thread precisely about (parts of) the townships of Green and Delhi? You've gone to such lengths to disprove a point made about the areas OP is looking, only to confess its accuracy right here. OP is not looking at Knox Hill or any other city "neighborhoods," hence the word "suburb" in the thread title.

Anywho, it sounds like OP might fit into the target demographic (community-oriented conservative Catholic) of these townships, so Godspeed. Hope you're happy there, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati