U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 06:13 PM

11 posts, read 57,167 times

Advertisements

Where is East Walnut Hills, exactly? Is it the area near Eden Park, or?

I checked out a couple places along Park Ave just north of Eden Park today and they were really gorgeous and affordable. Lots of people jogging with dogs and well-kept homes, kids all over, etc. It seems like a nice area, but I know Walnut Hills in general has awful crime stats. Is this mostly centered on certain pats of Walnut Hills? I know it's a huge neighborhood.

Any thoughts on the area just north of Eden Park are much appreciated
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 PM

3,861 posts, read 7,415,098 times
East Walnut Hills (EWH) is one of my favorite neighborhoods. I've walked through EWH and never had any problems. It seems to be pretty quiet and safe. EWH and Walnut Hills are consiered to be two seperate neighborhoods. The difference between the two is like night and day.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 PM

710 posts, read 2,648,357 times
east walnut hills has had fewer part one crimes than hyde park this year.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 AM

31,155 posts, read 57,274,608 times
A friend of mine lived in East Walnut Hills for a couple of years. She loved it. Very quiet, nice neighbors, etc.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:00 AM

15 posts, read 58,667 times
East Walnut Hills runs from North of the Park, to Madison and a few blocks Northwest of Madison, but it’s mostly East of Eden Park, it’s those woods on the other side of Mt. Adams if you drive East on Columbia Parkway.

It is everything south of Madison Ave beginning (where Martin Luther King turns into Madison) on the eastern side of Victory Parkway, (DeSales Business District) as well as a few blocks to the north of Madison (East of Victory Parkway and west of Owl’s nest park) to the it ends in the west once you enter the O’Brianville neighborhood, and Hyde Park to the east of that.

Everything to the south of Madison is East Walnut Hills until you get to Eden Park. The Northern side of the park near victory parkway is often called “no mans land” by East Walnut Hills residents.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:07 PM

245 posts, read 1,135,650 times
I live in EWH on Upland Place 3-4 blocks from Walnut Hills proper behind St Ursula. Sure it's hooker / crack dealer / lock & load central 5-7 blocks from us (over in Walnut Hills proper / Peebles Corner), but our street / corner of the neighborhood is very safe and quiet.

The people are probably the best part of EWH. Everyone is very eclectic, diverse, generally friendly and happening crowd here. Some of my neighbors are Indian Hill Ex-Pats - they sold their tax heavy homes after their kids left for college - and all of them seem to really like living down here.

OK NO THE BEST PART OF EWH IS THE CONVENIENT LOCATION. We're literally minutes from everything in Cincinnati.
* 3 minutes from Mt Adams, Downtown, or Riverfront Kentucky.
* 5 minutes for safe, small-town late night grocery shopping in Hyde Park or even Bellvue Ky.
* 10-15 minutes from the best shopping anywhere in low tax KY via 471.
* 10-15 minutes from Rookwood & Kenwood Towne Centers and Norwood Lateral.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 8,369 times
Default Park Ave/Walnut Hills

I recently bought a house on Park Ave. and can fill you in on some things...

1. The houses are gorgeous, affordable and mostly huge! Very attractive to a buyer.

2. The lower section of Park Ave. is made up of lots of lawyers offices, the aforementioned big houses and then condos as you go north.

3. Plenty of dogs, joggers and people on the street.

4. There is a church and a mission at the corner of Cross & Kemper which creates plenty of foot traffic on Park Ave. from the homeless and poor. That does not necessarily equal crime or undesirables. They are helping the community!

5. I love the neighborhood!

6. Having just said all that, I will tell you this past weekend, my car was very politely broken into and the stereo "professionally" removed from the dashboard.

7. Go north on Park to E. McMillan street, and you are in the ghetto.

From my research on the area prior to buying, it's a mixed neighborhood. They are trying to rejuvenate the area with more owner occupied houses...but there is still the fact that you can go one more block up and be in a pretty scary neighborhood. And I apparently live too close to that...

Good Luck!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:05 AM
kwr

89 posts, read 296,415 times
E Walnut Hills has been in a revitalization stage since the late 80s early 90s...

Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 PM

2,204 posts, read 5,843,057 times
EWH is simply amazing!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 7,921 times
You can view a map showing the boundaries on our website's home page. The website is www.RobinsonRealtors.com

Look at the column on the left, towards the bottom, you'll find a link titled, "East Walnut Hills" that takes you to an article on the history of East Walnut Hills, along with a map showing the neighborhood boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati