Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 PM

688 posts, read 1,117,401 times

Advertisements

I was in Chicago a couple weeks ago for vacation and visiting some friends. While there I was looking for a tour option and someone recommended the Stray Boots app for iPhone. I don't want to plug the app too much for fear of sounding like a promotion but I got to looking at it and noticed the geography was fairly limited. NY, Chi-town, Philly, etc. were the only options.

I was disappointed there wasn't one for Cincinnati. I was wondering if anyone here had something similar they could craft. Or, if you're tech savvy enough is there a way to recommend/proved info for a Cincinnati version of the Stray Boots walking tours?

Curious if this suggestion might lead to something from one of, or several of, the more knowledgeable members and history buffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 08:01 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
In the early days of museums, nothing was curated. The prevailing attitude was, 'if you don't know what that is, you don't belong here.' Of course, things have changed since then. But maybe not so much in Cincinnati.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:12 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
In the early days of museums, nothing was curated. The prevailing attitude was, 'if you don't know what that is, you don't belong here.' Of course, things have changed since then. But maybe not so much in Cincinnati.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:24 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
Goygoy, that is officially your shortest reply ever

Old 09-23-2013, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 857 times
Hello!

My name is Maggie and I'm the community manager here at Stray Boots. Thanks for checking out the app! It's true, we're currently only in 15 cities, but we're working hard to expand our presence and make our tours available everywhere. Cincinnati is definitely on our radar.

Our current model of curating the tours involves hiring locals to help us create the tours and keep them up to date. If you're interested in being involved in Stray Boots Cincinnati in the future, you can shoot me an email at [email]maggie@strayboots.com[/email] and I'll keep you posted about our progress.

Thanks again for checking us out, and feel free to contact me with questions or suggestions!

Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayboots View Post
Hello!

My name is Maggie and I'm the community manager here at Stray Boots. Thanks for checking out the app! It's true, we're currently only in 15 cities, but we're working hard to expand our presence and make our tours available everywhere. Cincinnati is definitely on our radar.

Our current model of curating the tours involves hiring locals to help us create the tours and keep them up to date. If you're interested in being involved in Stray Boots Cincinnati in the future, you can shoot me an email at maggie@strayboots.com and I'll keep you posted about our progress.

Thanks again for checking us out, and feel free to contact me with questions or suggestions!

Happy to hear your team has Cincinnati on the radar. As an older city I'm sure there's plenty to include in the 3 to 2.5 hr tours Stray Boots offers. For starters, there are currently guided tours of the old subway system which was abandoned before it ever went in to use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Subway

Here are a few ideas as well:

http://www.americanlegacytours.com/?q=tours

Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 PM

Cincinnati's Queen City Underground Brewery Tour: National Geographics Top Five Underground Tours in the U.S. for 2012
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: