Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 03:44 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync33 View Post
I could be wrong, i tried finding something online but all the data seems to be from different years...cincinnati's downtown is a bit smaller yet has a larger population than cleveland. Whats next jbcmh Columbus is now the best city in the world for fashion
Cleveland had downtown tracks growing at more than 80% per decade. Very few other cities in the Midwest had something similar.

How you define the downtown area will determine who is ahead.

I didn't even mention Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 05:14 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Cleveland had downtown tracks growing at more than 80% per decade. Very few other cities in the Midwest had something similar.

How you define the downtown area will determine who is ahead.

I didn't even mention Columbus.
These two observations only sidetrack this thread even further because neither one addresses the fact that, by 2015, Cincinnati is destined to become Ohio's #1 city, economically. And this is what's important.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:22 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
These two observations only sidetrack this thread even further because neither one addresses the fact that, by 2015, Cincinnati is destined to become Ohio's #1 city, economically. And this is what's important.
Important to exactly who? If you are meaning Cincinnati, I don't feel the same way. While I am a lifelong Cincinnatian, I don't feel gloating it over Cleveland is a desirable objective. If we surpass them fine, but no reason to gloat. Our falling on our ass will come soon enough and I hope Cleveland does not gloat then.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:58 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
In other news, Cleveland celebrates 100 years of light rail today.

1 century.

How's that coming a long in Cincinnati?

Sorry for the cheap shot.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:04 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
In other news, Cleveland celebrates 100 years of light rail today.

1 century.

How's that coming a long in Cincinnati?

Sorry for the cheap shot.
Wow that's amazing considering how far Cincy has come without it.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 PM

682 posts, read 1,628,919 times
While its nice for 'statisticrats' to debate. I really do not believe the average person cares about the metro ranking of a city in their decision to relocate there, nor do I think corporations care(They care about tax incentives).

I chose Cincinnati for its architecture and yes I looked at Cleveland and Columbus, Ultimately it was architecture and the severity of the winter that were my deciding factors.

Gwet over it. No one really cares!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
It's been addressed already, repeatedly. The original news was not good for Cleveland, not good for Ohio, and only semi-good for Cincinnati because it took Cleveland falling faster for it to catch up, while it's own economy, along with every other city in the state, slowed down. I guess if we're all about celebrating mediocrity, this is all fantastic news.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
It's been addressed already, repeatedly. The original news was not good for Cleveland, not good for Ohio, and only semi-good for Cincinnati because it took Cleveland falling faster for it to catch up, while it's own economy, along with every other city in the state, slowed down. I guess if we're all about celebrating mediocrity, this is all fantastic news.
Well said. I mentioned that as well that it had much to do with Cleveland's bigger hit in the current Depression.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:58 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INsync33 View Post
Before you say that you might actually want to get some real traffic in Cleveland along with a real downtown feel. I would love to see Cleveland survive 5 o'clock rush hour in cinci, all freeways are at a dead end stop from downtown to Kentucky to the northern suburbs. The roads are blocked all the way.
Clogged traffic is a selling point? Narrow highways into Kentucky get crowded as people return to the suburbs? Of course they are crowded.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:04 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Clogged traffic is a selling point? Narrow highways into Kentucky get crowded as people return to the suburbs? Of course they are crowded.
Yeah, I wondered about that too.

So it's a plus that more people are car-addicted and can't wait to leave downtown Cincinnati at exactly the first moment that their employer permits them to leave? Ok.

Maybe that person needs some more time to think of a better point to make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati