U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 01:56 PM

7,649 posts, read 5,404,882 times

Advertisements

Looks like many of the Bengals didn't come out to play today. (Still hoping for a miracle that won't happen)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 02:17 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,302,691 times
Fire Marvin. Make Zimmerman the head couch. Hire a general manager. Draft a QB that can handle pressure.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:06 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,694,700 times
Why do you weep? Long ago most everyone realized that both Lewis and Gruden should have been fired and Dalton replaced. But, then again, there's always Mike Brown. Need I say more?

Old 01-06-2014, 08:11 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,012,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Looks like many of the Bengals didn't come out to play today. (Still hoping for a miracle that won't happen)
Mike Brown

Old 01-06-2014, 09:22 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,694,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Mike Brown
At least, in a generalized way, our "3-C's" can now all weep together in our shared FB malaise: Cleveland's Browns (the season); Columbus' OSU (MSU and Clemson); and Cincinnati's Bengals (the playoffs). Oh, the pain--it's all very real.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:26 AM

9,259 posts, read 13,360,925 times
Just too much sour grapes going on here. The Bengals had a good season, particularly at home. Of course it is disappointing they couldn't win a playoff game. But to say Andy Dalton should be replaced, why? He has taken the team to the playoffs his first 3 years in the league. Very few quarterbacks have done that.

And the constant harping about Mike Brown. It should be very obvious he is not going nowhere. From what I see he has been letting the coaching staff do what they should be doing - coach and make the football decisions. Just because of frustration with not being successful in the playoffs is not a reason to clean house. Things don't always go the way you desire, ask Mike Shanahan, formerly of Washington.

Now among those who should be crying over spilt milk, how about the Kansas City Chiefs. Start off the season 9-0, then implode. Get up 28 points over the Colts in the playoffs then disintegrate. I will admit being very impressed with the Colts QB, Andrew Luck, a big strong guy.

I was likewise impressed with the 49ers QB, Colin Kaepernick, another big strong guy who took it to Green Bay in the cold. So I guess Green Bay should be looking to get rid of Aaron Rogers because he did not win the game.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:22 AM

1,576 posts, read 2,302,691 times
4th and 3 and go for the bomb with 5 mins left is all that needs to be said.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 PM

5,643 posts, read 8,749,753 times
Based upon what I've seen the last three years in the playoffs the Bengals are not mentally tough. They make too many mistakes. I remember watching Phil Simms of the Giants constantly throw into double and triple coverage during his first three seasons in the NFL. I was dumbfounded how he could keep making the same mistakes over and over again. But season four came around and suddenly he showed more poise and common sense in the pocket and and the wild throws were all but gone. And the rest is history. He went on to be a very good QB and won two super bowls. Dalton has that same potential but he's got to keep his head in the game and use better judgment when the heat is on and he does not have an open receiver.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:43 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,360,925 times
Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. My only retort is if you possess the intelligence and the skill set, why were you not out there on the field yesterday. The answer is very simple, you don't possess either one.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:55 PM

5,643 posts, read 8,749,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. My only retort is if you possess the intelligence and the skill set, why were you not out there on the field yesterday. The answer is very simple, you don't possess either one.
We obviously watched two different games then. You mean to say you think Dalton played a flawless game? He played well in the first half but fell apart in the second half. Any rational thinking person watching this game could see that.

BTW. I'm a little old these days to play ball. But believe it or not, there are people that thought I DID possess the skills to play pro ball. I simply had other interests in life and have pursued those instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati