Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 09:43 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
He does not know where "Ciincinnati" ends and the rest of the world begins.

This will do for Cincinnati what Austin Landing is doing for Dayton, taking revenue out of the city and in this case out of Hamilton County, no wonder they can't keep up with the payments on GABP & PBS.
Unfortunately Liberty Towne Center, Square, or whatever name they want to go by these days is a very important development in Butler Co. If you don't think so just wait a few years, and not many These developments will bring more money than the surrounding neighborhoods have seen in decades. So let's see how many more OMGODS come out of the woodwork when they realize they are not on the winning end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 10:05 PM

416 posts, read 701,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
The development is really coming along.

Liberty Center News | Liberty Township, Cincinnati, Ohio

This place is going to make Easton mall in Cbus look like a joke.
Not even close. Just look at the retail tenants they have signed up. Easton is far more established, and with the way retail is going these days, it will never "catch up" to Easton. At least Liberty has gone ahead and added some pedestrian activities outside of parking lots/garages. Nice park spaces, fountains, etc will enhance the feel of the place.

Still would take Cincinnati any day of the week over this place. Sorry, some of us don't care for the suburbs. We get it, the nice folks that live in Mason love to bash Cincinnati, but it's not ok for the "city trash" to express their opinions on the suburbs.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:28 PM

7,080 posts, read 8,943,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Unfortunately Liberty Towne Center, Square, or whatever name they want to go by these days is a very important development in Butler Co.
So you can read a map after all.

Can you figure out that this is competing with Cincinnati and not contributing?

Do you know how much of the sales tax revenue will go to paying off the bad debt for 2 stadiums? Hint: 0%

Old 03-14-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
We get it, the nice folks that live in Mason love to bash Cincinnati
Damn you!

I just spit beer on my iPhone!

Old 03-14-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMahValley View Post
Not even close. Just look at the retail tenants they have signed up. Easton is far more established, and with the way retail is going these days, it will never "catch up" to Easton. At least Liberty has gone ahead and added some pedestrian activities outside of parking lots/garages. Nice park spaces, fountains, etc will enhance the feel of the place.

Still would take Cincinnati any day of the week over this place. Sorry, some of us don't care for the suburbs. We get it, the nice folks that live in Mason love to bash Cincinnati, but it's not ok for the "city trash" to express their opinions on the suburbs.
Yes, because you have zero to contribute to the suburbs. Whenever you wake up and realiaze without the suburbs Cincy is going down the tubes, maybe we could have some meaningful dialogue. Until then we will keep on the same pace.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Whenever you wake up and realiaze without the suburbs Cincy is going down the tubes.
Oh my If You See Kaying Gawd!

NEWS FLASH!!! It is because of suburban sprawl that Cincy is going down the tubes, everyone is running off to Mason with their tails between their legs, Mason-Montgomery road is backed up every morning with Lexus SUVs dropping off their snowflakes to school so they can bang Stacy Schuler!

I know people who go to the rodeo, they put on their cowboy hats, cowboy boots and then sit in the stands and watch someone else ride a bull. That is how I see those who live in Warren County who claim to live in Cincinnati. Big hat, no cattle.

I have been here for 45 years, I am a small town redneck farm boy, but at least I own it, I don't claim to be a dime store Cincinnatian.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Oh my If You See Kaying Gawd!

NEWS FLASH!!! It is because of suburban sprawl that Cincy is going down the tubes, everyone is running off to Mason with their tails between their legs, Mason-Montgomery road is backed up every morning with Lexus SUVs dropping off their snowflakes to school so they can bang Stacy Schuler!

I know people who go to the rodeo, they put on their cowboy hats, cowboy boots and then sit in the stands and watch someone else ride a bull. That is how I see those who live in Warren County who claim to live in Cincinnati. Big hat, no cattle.

I have been here for 45 years, I am a small town redneck farm boy, but at least I own it, I don't claim to be a dime store Cincinnatian.
Be whatever you want to be. Then determine what a True Cincinnatian Wants to be? Some of you wantabes should be somehwere else, but it is not Cinciinnati.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Be whatever you want to be. Then determine what a True Cincinnatian Wants to be? Some of you wantabes should be somehwere else, but it is not Cinciinnati.
Those of us born and raised in Cincinnati all of our lives have a Hell of a lot more feeling for a what a Cincinnatian is than those who can barely claim Cincinnati as home. Multiple generations have lived here. These are the ones who define Cincinnati, not those who constantly want to change it into something else.
Sorry, but in my mind the suburbs define what Cincinnati is today.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:29 AM

Pretty obvious it is suburban sprawl. But what do you expect? I anticipate no less and expect no less. Fact is our local dumdum governments are capable of little else.

Having said that, it will be a major factor in the northern suburbs, and hopefully a major shot in the arm for Hamilton. I wish Hamilton well and hope they come out of this with a completely rejuvenated City.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:52 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,160,534 times
My only response to the splattering of Brill posts:

because I can't even...

To your most recent comment Mr. Brill - if this somehow helps Hamilton or other existing places, sure, hope it helps. I don't see how that could be the case though.

Last edited by SWOH; 03-15-2015 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati