Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 10:43 AM

3,968 posts, read 8,497,553 times

Advertisements

I don't remember seeing this specific question answered recently. I know many of these threads turn into lively "discussions" about where is better to live. That is not what I am looking for. All I really want to know is what options are available for high speed internet in Lebanon, and if anyone has had experiences with the service in Lebanon, what are your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 01:01 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,788,546 times
Don't know how many High Speed internet outfits actually operate out of Lebanon. It think it relates to what your definition of high speed is.

I know TWC operates in Lebanon and can deliver reasonably high speed internet. At what cost I don't know. I switched to CB Fioptics in Mason, now wish I had not. Their rates just keep climbing.

The other satellite outfits like Dish, Direct TV, etc. can obviously deliver the data to your house from their satellite. What I don't know is what they can deliver from your house to the internet without using a phone line. The latest info on Direct being bought by AT&T must signal something. Since the average person downloads a whole lot more than they upload, maybe AT&T feels telephone speed will suffice. Of course of telephone speeds become fiber optic speeds, mox nix.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:16 PM

I also wonder how wireless is going to come into this whole mix. Obviously wireless is faster than the old standard land line. But is it now distributed widely enough to be considered a basis for internet? I just know my bills for CB Fioptics keep climbing and I see no increase in service. About ready to switch back to TWC. A PITAS, but I am getting tired of being reamed by someone I thought would be cheaper.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Won't someone who lives in Lebanon jump in here and help this guy out? What internet options do you know of there? I do know CB here in Mason has done nothing with the areas having underground services.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:26 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,542,442 times
TWC offers service in Lebanon. Approx. $60/month, but I have no idea what speed that's at (tiered service is the new big thing in broadband).

Cinci FIOS is in Lebanon, depending on your neighborhood. Ours was wired for that from the get go and I had it originally. Hated it, there was a problem between the FIOS and the ethernet in the house that Cinci Bell was never fully able to resolve.

I see a Century Link up by Walmart, so I assume they're offering a broadband option in the area. No idea about them as I haven't used.

In general - hinterlands though we may be - lebanon has multiple broad band offerings, as to whether or not they will satisfy the OPs needs, that's going to obviously depend on what they're doing with the net.

My household doesn't do much more than browsing web pages, shopping on Amazon occasionally, checking utility sites for bill paying, etc.. We don't do major movie or tv (or even much song) downloading. Nor are we working from home routinely and doing major uploading.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:01 AM

Briolat21 ...

Thanks for responding. I can't find anybody who has anything good to say about Century Link.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:02 AM

rrtechno ...

Seems like you may be in the position a poster on another thread said - chosing the least undesirable from a set of undesirable options.

I was all set to switch back to TWC until I read about the recent sale to Charter Communications. Now I think a wait and see is in order.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:14 AM

3,968 posts, read 8,497,553 times
Thanks, we were looking at a house in Lebanon, and I would likely be telecommuting. However the house had other "issues" that would not have made it a good choice for us, so we are still looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati