Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 05:54 AM

6,316 posts, read 11,042,673 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to pass along a note from my cousin's son who played for the University of Oregon at the Ultimate National's Championship in Mason a couple of weeks ago. He said the stay in the Cincinnati area was fine and the people were friendly. Sounds like he had a good experience while there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 01:03 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,753,999 times
I'll admit, I had to go find out what Ultimate Nationals is. Unless I am wrong, the game is Ultimate Frisbee and the Nationals is the championship competition. Apparently there are Regional qualifications to determine who goes to the Nationals. Learn something every day. A whole support organization for Frisbee. And at multiple levels.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:49 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,481,952 times
That competition in May was broadcast live from Mason High School on ESPN.

The USA Ultimate Great Lakes Regional Tournament (Frisbee) is coming up in September at VOA Park.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I'll admit, I had to go find out what Ultimate Nationals is. Unless I am wrong, the game is Ultimate Frisbee and the Nationals is the championship competition. Apparently there are Regional qualifications to determine who goes to the Nationals. Learn something every day. A whole support organization for Frisbee. And at multiple levels.
Yep. When I was in high school we called it Ultimate Frisbee. But they had to rename it due to legal issues with the Frisbee company.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post

The USA Ultimate Great Lakes Regional Tournament (Frisbee) is coming up in September at VOA Park.
It was pretty interesting to watch. I used to play it in high school from time to time but this is the first time I actually watched a game. Would have attended it live but I had to work that weekend.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:

What's with all the Frisbee tournaments in the Mason area? If you sign up early do they give your free use of the parts, what? I know Mason has a Frisbee park in the park on the north side of town which has permanent targets such as rings, baskets, etc. to play like Frisbee golf. But do they have a sugar-daddy sponsor or what?

Old 06-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Still would like to know why so many Ultimate tournaments in the Mason area? Must be some reason, what is it?

Old 06-09-2014, 06:18 AM

3,968 posts, read 8,481,952 times
Perhaps many officials, Chambers of Commerce, etc. are doing a pretty good job of marketing the area and facilities to the people in charge of planning those events, and are thus getting spectators and participants into the area to spend their money here rather than in some other area.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:33 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,967,802 times
I saw a team practicing. Those guys are good & have some skills.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Perhaps many officials, Chambers of Commerce, etc. are doing a pretty good job of marketing the area and facilities to the people in charge of planning those events, and are thus getting spectators and participants into the area to spend their money here rather than in some other area.
That's probable. Indianapolis has built sports facilities and marketed them to the collegiate world and of course professional sports. Mason is probably doing this on a smaller scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: