U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-25-2008, 10:35 AM
 
5 posts, read 42,200 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

Let me tell you all something in this little a$$ city of cincinnati... the nasti natti... whateva ya'll call urselves.

I have read about your little Grimmie Gang, Dirty Dozen, A-1 Darkside, ESP, and Tot Lot Posse.

With gang member names like Jello, One-Eyed Kenny, Big Head, Nice, Dumb Dino, etc.

Are you kidding me.

Do the gangs out here have tags, graffitis, colors, teams, codes, bylaws, specialized tats, anything??

I am from Chicago. And the gangs in the SUBURBS of Chicago are way more ruthless than anything you all call a "gang" here.

Have you all heard of real gangs like Bloods, Crips, GD's, VL's, 26, MLD's, 4CH, Black Stones, Latin Kings, ANYTHING???

Those are real gangs that you have real worries about. Grimmies, ESP, and Dirty Dozen dont even pull up on google. I don't know anyone who has ever heard of them.

When you have blue light special cameras like in Chicago, or if your hat is bent the wrong way, or you got the wrong colors on n u get killed, then you have a gang problem.

Cincinnati does NOT have a gang issue.....

So, anyone looking to move somewhere gang free - Cincinnati is for you.

The crime is so low here compared to anywhere I have lived. They have time to worry about tints on your car and how high your grass is instead of real crimes.

So, is there gang activity here. Not as far as I can tell. I live IN the city and have had NO crimes seen or happening here.

Cincinnati, yes, it is a pretty safe city to live in. And the cops here have either done a VERY good job, or the people here are just lame...

 
Old 05-25-2008, 05:23 PM
 
1,071 posts, read 3,021,435 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigurl74 View Post
Let me tell you all something in this little a$$ city of cincinnati... the nasti natti... whateva ya'll call urselves.

I have read about your little Grimmie Gang, Dirty Dozen, A-1 Darkside, ESP, and Tot Lot Posse.

With gang member names like Jello, One-Eyed Kenny, Big Head, Nice, Dumb Dino, etc.

Are you kidding me.

Do the gangs out here have tags, graffitis, colors, teams, codes, bylaws, specialized tats, anything??

I am from Chicago. And the gangs in the SUBURBS of Chicago are way more ruthless than anything you all call a "gang" here.

Have you all heard of real gangs like Bloods, Crips, GD's, VL's, 26, MLD's, 4CH, Black Stones, Latin Kings, ANYTHING???

Those are real gangs that you have real worries about. Grimmies, ESP, and Dirty Dozen dont even pull up on google. I don't know anyone who has ever heard of them.

When you have blue light special cameras like in Chicago, or if your hat is bent the wrong way, or you got the wrong colors on n u get killed, then you have a gang problem.

Cincinnati does NOT have a gang issue.....

So, anyone looking to move somewhere gang free - Cincinnati is for you.

The crime is so low here compared to anywhere I have lived. They have time to worry about tints on your car and how high your grass is instead of real crimes.

So, is there gang activity here. Not as far as I can tell. I live IN the city and have had NO crimes seen or happening here.

Cincinnati, yes, it is a pretty safe city to live in. And the cops here have either done a VERY good job, or the people here are just lame...
only out-of-towners call us the "nasty nati". to us, it's just "the nati".

having prominent gang influence in a city does have its own element of danger to it. but what about a city that doesn't identify it's assailant so easily? living in a city so disjointed and random is unsettling as well. in cincinnati, you roll with the guys you came up with. by in large, cincinnati does not respect big gangs, and neither do i. you're banding with guys you don't even know, and that's a dangerous move in the nati. you have to watch everybody in this city because this city just doesn't play. not because they have a pseudo-filial obligation, but because they just have that kind of heart, if you will. to me that's tougher than getting a bunch of guys together that want to wear the same color and shake their hand a certain way.

the fact is, chicago is safer than cincinnati, as proven by its overflowing population. chicago has it's problems, but thousands still can't wait to get there and pay all that money in rent and taxes. cincinnati's rent is dirt cheap, and people still don't come. in fact, they leave. why you ask? crime and schools.

Last edited by hillside; 05-25-2008 at 05:31 PM..
 
Old 05-26-2008, 04:21 PM
 
710 posts, read 2,005,626 times
Reputation: 131
Chicago did not report its total violent crime to the FBI last year
 
Old 05-26-2008, 07:59 PM
 
1,071 posts, read 3,021,435 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
Chicago did not report its total violent crime to the FBI last year
they always play games with their stats, claiming methodology differences, but it's still no cincinnati. the writing is on the wall.
 
Old 05-26-2008, 08:46 PM
 
710 posts, read 2,005,626 times
Reputation: 131
If you don't have reliable and consistent data, how can you claim one is more dangerous than the other?
 
Old 05-27-2008, 04:06 AM
 
86 posts, read 290,590 times
Reputation: 20
Cool Yes there are GANGS

This is the problem with Cincy. There are so many people in denial about the gang problem that we do have here. We may not have as many problems like a city as big as Chicago or NY etc...but there is an obvious gang problem here. My son was murdered as the result of gang activity and we live out in the suburbs of Butler county. There is alot of gang activity all over its just not obvious in certain areas but believe me its there. As for the other poster I have heard of all the gangs that you have mentioned like the Latin Kings, Crips etc. Watch the documentary Prison Nation and it gives u much insight into a few of the "Big Time Gangs" that are here and the reason the can set up here and grow is because this city is in denial of its problems. I was born in Chicago but came here as a child and have always traveled back and forth so I have an idea of what I'm talking about. People are leaving this city d/t the city's denial of its REAL problems and of course the horrible school system. I would rather live in a bigger city that acknowledges its problems and has a plan/task force in place vs one like Cincy. The crime rate in this City has decreased they just break it down so the numbers look smaller. They dont include places like Golf Manor, Silverton, Wyoming, Elmwood etc because they aren't a part of the city of Cincy. So go figure. There are alot of places other than Avondale as the other poster mentioned that has gangs and elevated crime rates...LOL. That just shows how closed minded and blind people really are as far as what is really going on in this place. Try Winton Terrace, Westwood, Price Hill, Winton Place, Northside, Lower Clifton, Avondale, Walnut Hils, Downtown, OTR, Bond Hill, Roselawn, Finneytown, NCH, College Hill, Clermont Cty, Beechmont, Hamilton, East End, Silverton, Kennedy Hts, Pleasant Ridge, Golf Manor, West Chester, Mason, West End, Kenwood, Blue Ash....I dont think I need to go any further with the list. I had planned on moving my family out of this city d/t all the negative changes but unfortunately I was too late. I am still relocating just at a later time and 1 family member short now. Cincy could be the beautiful place that it likes to make people think it is but for right now it needs to just face its problems and fix them.
 
Old 05-27-2008, 07:18 AM
 
1,071 posts, read 3,021,435 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrosen View Post
If you don't have reliable and consistent data, how can you claim one is more dangerous than the other?
among others, the reasons i stated above about growth and shrinkage.
 
Old 05-27-2008, 07:23 AM
 
1,071 posts, read 3,021,435 times
Reputation: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynMelRN2007 View Post
This is the problem with Cincy. There are so many people in denial about the gang problem that we do have here. We may not have as many problems like a city as big as Chicago or NY etc...but there is an obvious gang problem here. My son was murdered as the result of gang activity and we live out in the suburbs of Butler county. There is alot of gang activity all over its just not obvious in certain areas but believe me its there. As for the other poster I have heard of all the gangs that you have mentioned like the Latin Kings, Crips etc. Watch the documentary Prison Nation and it gives u much insight into a few of the "Big Time Gangs" that are here and the reason the can set up here and grow is because this city is in denial of its problems. I was born in Chicago but came here as a child and have always traveled back and forth so I have an idea of what I'm talking about. People are leaving this city d/t the city's denial of its REAL problems and of course the horrible school system. I would rather live in a bigger city that acknowledges its problems and has a plan/task force in place vs one like Cincy. The crime rate in this City has decreased they just break it down so the numbers look smaller. They dont include places like Golf Manor, Silverton, Wyoming, Elmwood etc because they aren't a part of the city of Cincy. So go figure. There are alot of places other than Avondale as the other poster mentioned that has gangs and elevated crime rates...LOL. That just shows how closed minded and blind people really are as far as what is really going on in this place. Try Winton Terrace, Westwood, Price Hill, Winton Place, Northside, Lower Clifton, Avondale, Walnut Hils, Downtown, OTR, Bond Hill, Roselawn, Finneytown, NCH, College Hill, Clermont Cty, Beechmont, Hamilton, East End, Silverton, Kennedy Hts, Pleasant Ridge, Golf Manor, West Chester, Mason, West End, Kenwood, Blue Ash....I dont think I need to go any further with the list. I had planned on moving my family out of this city d/t all the negative changes but unfortunately I was too late. I am still relocating just at a later time and 1 family member short now. Cincy could be the beautiful place that it likes to make people think it is but for right now it needs to just face its problems and fix them.
you can't say anything bad about cincinnati on this blog, remember? you're either fabricating or dead wrong .
 
Old 05-27-2008, 12:20 PM
 
16 posts, read 72,065 times
Reputation: 17
An earlier poster claimed that Chicago's population was due to its relative safety. I'm not sure I understand the logic. Chicago has the reputation as a "happening" city, regardless of whether or not it's safe, so certainly people looking for employment opportunities, nightlife, etc. will sacrifice coziness for action.
A good example is Miami (Dade); people have flocked to that hole for years, because it's busy, flashy, tropical & obnoxious--yet it's anything but safe. In fact, the whole place is pretty ghetto-fied.
Part of Cincinnati's problem stems from lost opportunities regarding attracting businesses. People have moved to the 'burbs, or left the city altogether. I highly doubt, though, that people are leaving Cincy just because of safety issues. If this were the only issue, what metro area would EVER maintain its population?
As for the poster that bragged about hardcore gangs...that sounded like some blustering, playground diatribe made by the bully with the inferiority complex. Okay, Chicago has tons of thugs--what was your point, exactly?
 
Old 05-27-2008, 12:46 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 4,406,763 times
Reputation: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis1071 View Post
An earlier poster claimed that Chicago's population was due to its relative safety. I'm not sure I understand the logic. Chicago has the reputation as a "happening" city, regardless of whether or not it's safe, so certainly people looking for employment opportunities, nightlife, etc. will sacrifice coziness for action.
A good example is Miami (Dade); people have flocked to that hole for years, because it's busy, flashy, tropical & obnoxious--yet it's anything but safe. In fact, the whole place is pretty ghetto-fied.
Part of Cincinnati's problem stems from lost opportunities regarding attracting businesses. People have moved to the 'burbs, or left the city altogether. I highly doubt, though, that people are leaving Cincy just because of safety issues.
As for the poster that bragged about hardcore gangs...that sounded like some blustering, playground diatribe made by the bully with the inferiority complex. Okay, Chicago has tons of thugs--what was your point, exactly?

It is funny that you say this ... Because Miami was the FIRST city that came to mind when I read Hillside's post! lol

Quote:
If this were the only issue, what metro area would EVER maintain its population?
True.

Quote:
you can't say anything bad about cincinnati on this blog, remember? you're either fabricating or dead wrong .
There's two things to look at when looking at your response to SynMelRN2007's comment ...

A) SynMelRN2007 is from Butler County.

B) Generally, crime -more-so homicides occur when there is a direct relationship between the victim and assailant -or- a direct relation between illegal drug deals gone bad (in the city, I can't speak for Butler County, because I don't know).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top