Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 07:33 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times

Advertisements

More work at the house in Covington. Then I hope to get off the road and relax and get rid of the road fatigue which I deal with daily thanks to my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 03:23 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
More work at the house in Covington. Then I hope to get off the road and relax and get rid of the road fatigue which I deal with daily thanks to my job.
You should be making headway with that Covington house. Is it going to be worth the effort?

Old 06-28-2014, 06:23 PM

6,334 posts, read 11,079,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
You should be making headway with that Covington house. Is it going to be worth the effort?
Yes. Already had two people inquire about renting it while i have been out in the yard doing work. Not sure if I will rent it or move into it. Selling it will be only a last resort if I run into serious financial issues. So far, not the case.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM

268 posts, read 371,487 times
Our weekend started Thursday around noon - we were all let go at noon from the office. Kind of moot for me, though, as I'm on call through Sunday.

Wednesday, guests came in and I made homemade meatballs and marinara with ziti for supper for everyone. The meatballs and sauce I make in the slow cooker, so it's really good.

Thursday, they all ran out to the Monroe outlets. I stayed home and worked out supper that night; homemade pizza and chicken wings. One pizza was meatball (using leftover meatballs and sauce) and the other was a lighter, fresher one with raw sauce and fresh mozzarella.

Today, everyone is heading down to Jungle Jim's, but I'm staying home, smoking a brisket for later today.

Tomorrow, we're all going to Cincy for the day; Rivertown taproom, Party Source, Hofbrauhaus, The Banks, Fountain Square, Findlay Market, Rhinegeist taproom, Incline Public House, Mt. Adams, and Bellevue Hill.

Sunday, we'll probably go out for breakfast, then they'll pack up and leave. I don't even know if we'll manage to catch any fireworks anywhere.

What's everyone else doing for the Fourth?

Old 07-04-2014, 09:57 AM

148 posts, read 213,222 times
@CarryOn- wow what an itinerary, lucky guests. I'm going to Red, White & Blue Ash to see Cheap Trick.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:29 PM

465 posts, read 658,489 times
I just got back from the Northside parade, and put ribs in the oven. We'll eat a quick dinner and then head to the Reds game tonight for fireworks. The rest of the weekend should be pretty quiet, well, by quiet I mean not busy, as I am expecting it to be noisy. This neighborhood likes their home-made July 4th fireworks shows to go well into the night.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:57 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,824,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryOn View Post
Sunday, we'll probably go out for breakfast, then they'll pack up and leave.
Sounds like this will be local, but if not you should consider Sugar n' Spice. It's a 'nati treasure from way back. The food's good though nothing to jump n' shout about - the main attraction is the varied cross-section of humanity both working and eating there. Plus, if you play your cards right the owner will be on the premises. He has a good eye for new customers and will bring over a tubful of rubber duckies (not that kind of tub lol) for each of you to select one of to take home. I gots three.

Meanwhile, back at the goyguy ranch, the grrrrlz (mother & daughter cats) and I have been enjoying a relaxing day listening to the rain. In a decision applauded by no one, Boston's powers that be rescheduled our renowned fireworks display to last night. You can be sure the car commuters were thrilled to pieces, 'cause two key traffic arteries which cross the river are blocked off for this. The rationale was that the Beach Boys were bound by contract to perform as part of the concert beforehand, and couldn't be there tomorrow.
As it turned out, the pyro show with its usual awesomeness ended no more than ten minutes before nature took over. Lightning flashed across the sky before the last of the smoke had cleared! Then we were hit with a notable thunderstorm and buckets o' rain for the next half-hour.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:55 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryOn View Post
Sunday, we'll probably go out for breakfast, then they'll pack up and leave. I don't even know if we'll manage to catch any fireworks anywhere.
Don't know whether you already have a spot chosen for Sunday breakfast. If not consider driving over to Lebanon to the Breakfast Club Cafe. My friends tell me it is really, really good. Their website indicates they are open from 7am to 3pm 7 days a week.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:27 AM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Thursday night fireworks and fun with friends in Fairfield. Yesterday roaming Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park in Hamilton, Work today And tomorrow??

Old 07-05-2014, 08:46 AM

268 posts, read 371,487 times
Unfortunately, my guests are not breakfast people, though Wife and I are. I've had other people recommend Sugar 'n' Spice, and it's on my list.

We've been to The Breakfast Club several times; it can go either way. Some days, the service and food will be spot on, others...one or both will be off. Very, very off.

We usually go to The Original Pancake House in Centerville/Miamisburg. There's also one in Montgomery, and I think there's one over in Union Centre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati