Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 10:35 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times

Advertisements

OP... After 1-1/2 years I would be fit to be tied. Since apparently no one else is doing it, if you want to get the service you are paying for, seems like the burden is on your back. Yes I know the burden should be on the vendor but it doesn't seem to work that way these days. You have been receiving less than the level of servce you have been paying for 1-1/2 years. The vendor can let that go on forever.

As I said previously, get the two parties together sinultaneously. CB what is the problem with getting my signal In/Out of this building and what will it take to fix it? Based on that address the building management.

But don't just do nothing. You are entitled to a good installation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 10:17 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times
I was told that I can get 100 Mbps as there is FTTH lines already by my house. After hearing how the TV always freezes, I'm skeptical. I get 20 down and 2 up from TWC but that's what I'm paying for and it's rock solid with 25ms ping using speedtest and picking Chicago central sever.

Maybe ZTE routers are just junk?

Your All Inclusive Guide to Cincinnati Bell Fioptics - | DSLReports Forums

Last edited by maxmodder; 08-12-2014 at 10:27 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 06:22 AM

150 posts, read 171,672 times
I've had their Internet service since last November and it worked quite well until last week, when connections and speed randomly went bad. I called them today and am waiting for a solution. This neighborhood and the house are wired with fiber. Has the router gone sour? Did the cables develop arthritis? Are they torturing me? Is this a marketing (upgrade) ploy?

Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2000 View Post
I've had their Internet service since last November and it worked quite well until last week, when connections and speed randomly went bad. I called them today and am waiting for a solution. This neighborhood and the house are wired with fiber. Has the router gone sour? Did the cables develop arthritis? Are they torturing me? Is this a marketing (upgrade) ploy?
Just curious, what kind of response time did they give you?

I think what you mean is fiber was run into the house itself. That is normal practice. CB's typical installation is a control panel in the basement. This is just a converter panel. It outputs the compatible signal for coaxial TV which is what most houses are wired with. Also outputs the standard analog telephone signal dating back to the early 1900s sometime. The third signal is the Cat-5 network signal for the internet. This is the one they had to take to the router. If it is the router, just let them replace it. They will charge you $5/mo for it regardless. Then start looking on the internet for a better router, they are not that expensive.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:45 AM

Just went around with CB again. Told them I did not want to pay the $5/mo rental on their router which is currently sitting on my desk. Got the response they recently got a memo stating the rental charge is fixed, modem or not. Nice customer policy.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:18 PM

CincyJoc ...

Have you gotten off your duff and talked to CB and your apartment management concerning why you are not getting the internet reception you are paying for?

Old 08-18-2014, 08:32 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Just went around with CB again. Told them I did not want to pay the $5/mo rental on their router which is currently sitting on my desk. Got the response they recently got a memo stating the rental charge is fixed, modem or not. Nice customer policy.
I think I need to go to the Cincy bell office on Tylersville and give them my opinion on this policy....
Either that or have some fun chatting with cs on their instant messenger website.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:31 PM

150 posts, read 171,672 times
Soon after I spoke with a CBperson service returned to past acceptable level. (Note: I had reset the modem itself twice) Today they called for follow-up and I asked what happened: 'their engineers had reset the connection from their end.'

Old 08-19-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2000 View Post
Soon after I spoke with a CBperson service returned to past acceptable level. (Note: I had reset the modem itself twice) Today they called for follow-up and I asked what happened: 'their engineers had reset the connection from their end.'
That can happen. They do control the service from their end. Just monitor it and make surd it is delivering what you are paying for.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:33 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,262 times
1 gbps or 1000 mbps
Sale Price
$89 .99†
per month
After Promo Ends after 12 months
$99 .99
per month

Is the ping still bad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: