Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:50 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I definitely steer clear of using my real name on any website forum...I'm also not the type to allow many people to add on facebook or anything.

As for him not being on Urbanohio...as pro suburb (Mason) as he is, he probably didn't feel welcome there...it's really a forum for true urban enthusiasts and not much else...surburbs are evil in their eyes it seems...same on skyscrapercity.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 11:27 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
KJBrill is on the mend from some medical issues. He appreciates our concern.

Let's pray for his speedy recovery and return to this forum. I am sure I speak for all of us in missing his great wisdom and sense of humor. Details available by DM to me.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:01 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
Thanks for the update Wilson! I was getting really worried.

Wishing Brill a speedy recovery and hopefully he can come back soon to put us all in place haha

Old 11-02-2014, 08:11 PM

Hey, any word on Brill?

Old 11-21-2014, 07:30 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKID View Post
Hey, any word on Brill?
This is Brill. I ended up spending 1-1/2 months in a medical rehab facility. I fell and slipped on a rake in my garage, lacerating the foot big time and it bled profusefuly. The LS took me to West Whester Hospital. The doctors at West Chester sutured up the foot quite nicely. It healed rapidly with no lingering affects.

But the good doctors in their tests determined I had deficiencies in my motive control and balance system requiring rehab. So they contacted and had me admitted to Cedar Village Rehabilitation Center in Mason. With my wife and son agreeing with everything the doctors said I was a cooked goose. They had pumped enough drugs in me I could barely distinguish where I was at. All in my best interests of course, the son went out and bought me a set of sweat pants exercise clothing, no belts, no pockets, no nothing.

I was checked into the rehab center minus anything which could be used to my disadvantage, no billfold, no credit cards, no belts, no nothing. I was in a double room with a hospital type bed, a wheelchair, a tilt back chair and a half-ass TV. The majority of the people there were for rehab for such as Hip and Knee replacements or more severe conditions such as actual limb amputations or multiple injury car wrecks.

It was several days before I was even given a session in the rehab gym. In the meantime I was either lying in the bed for sitting in the chair watching TV as there was nothing else to do. And the TV was a joke. The system dated back to when it was expensive to wire an individual cable lead to each TV. This system dated back to when a high capacity battery was used to bleed off signals from a high density cable like lead. These were merged via a converter into a single lead to the ineividual TVs using the standard TV cable lead. A special remote control was used to switch channels, but it had no ability to match up a actual requested channel to the signal on the incoming cable - a real abortion.

And since Cedar Village is a Jewish run facility, I was not exactly thrilled by the selections in the dining room.

It became obvious to me they were bleeding my rehab for all it was worth. So that was it. I went to the administrator and set my own date for dismissal. I stated you have no legal basis for keeping me and I am leaving. Since my home is less than two miles from the facility and I am perfectly capable of walking I arranged for my wife's driver to use her wheelchair transport van to bring me home. Arrived yesterday.

Already feel 10 times better. Here's hoping I will be able to participate in the forum.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:36 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,629 times
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully you recover fast at home. I'm glad you are still functional. Don't rush anything. Take your time.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:36 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Welcome back.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:53 AM

haha the forum is back to normal, welcome back Mr. Brill!

I think your comments made my day, especially the part on the TV remote and the Jewish-influenced selections in the dining room at the care facility. Glad to hear you are well and kicking, and your personality hasn't gone anywhere haha

Old 11-21-2014, 08:01 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Welcome back. You have been sorely missed. Whip these youngsters back into shape.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:19 AM

465 posts, read 658,825 times
Welcome back! I'm glad you're feeling better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: