Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:36 PM

2,522 posts, read 2,822,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenular View Post
I think Anderson is the perfect in between location between downtown and Northern areas (Ikea, Costco, areas). (15-25 minutes either way.)
Where I live in Finneytown is the perfect in-between location between downtown and northern areas. Anderson Twp. is on the other side of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:03 PM

88 posts, read 232,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlarrytaylor View Post
Is there a neighborhood in Cincinnati similar to Broad Ripple in Indianapolis or Wicker Park in Chicago? In other words, a safe, urban, multicultural, eclectic neighborhood with lots of young urban professionals, academics, artists and such?
My daughter went to Butler and lives in an urban neighborhood of Indy - Herron-Morton. Don't know Chicago neighborhoods, but in Cincy I would suggest certain parts of Clifton, Mt. Adams (more expensive than Broad Ripple but very close to atmosphere), Oakley and Northside. We have some great neighborhoods in Cincy but downtown Indy rocks over us!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:04 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,921,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenular View Post
I have a question, if Anderson is a "distant suburb" and not a part of Cincinnati, then why do we have a Cincinnati mailing address? I just moved here, I really don't know the answer to this.If someone could answer this I'd really appreciate it. Also, my DH drives downtown everyday and it usually takes him 25 min tops...not taking 275. I think Anderson is the perfect in between location between downtown and Northern areas (Ikea, Costco, areas). (15-25 minutes either way.) JMO.
I am genuinely happy your living situation is working for you. Portions of Anderson are reasonably close to the city. When I hear Anderson Township, I think of the area from east of mount washington all the way out to like New Richmond. Looking at a map that isn't really true. I guess another thing is people who live in the City wish more people did so that this place could start improving. On the other hand, the City needs to work hard to offer a lifestyle that people want. It is hard i think for city residents when it seems like the only benefit to the city of someone coming in from Anderson is more traffic and maybe lunch at Wendy's. I am not being judgmental, just trying to get into the subtext of why you might be experiencing "attitude" about the suburbs from people on here.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:48 AM

350 posts, read 877,058 times
Top Five...

1) South Cumminsville
2) Millvale
3) Fay Apts
4) East Westwood
5) English Woods

...to be walled-off and nuked.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:52 PM

16,368 posts, read 30,128,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
It is hard i think for city residents when it seems like the only benefit to the city of someone coming in from Anderson is more traffic and maybe lunch at Wendy's. I am not being judgmental, just trying to get into the subtext of why you might be experiencing "attitude" about the suburbs from people on here.
They forget that all the Anderson residents working in the city are paying 2% city income tax for working in the city of Cincinnati.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 AM

213 posts, read 672,240 times
Anderson is a complete bottle neck. At one time I liked the area, but I am over there at least once a week these days for work and it is just plain bad. It is nowhere near a Top 5 area in Greater Cincinnati to live in my opinion, unless you love constant traffic backups, little green space and homes/business built in every nook, cranny and tiny space available.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:54 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,390,078 times
Anderson is a big area and can't really be stereotyped easily. There are the river view properties along the Ohio off of Asbury and the mansions of Sutton, 4 mile, 5 mile and Birney, etc. All with easy access to 471. Then there are the McMansions at Royal Oaks. Then there are old school places up and down Clough, Hunley, etc. Of course, Clough and Ivy Hills are a big mess, but I could commute from Sutton or 4 mile without too much irritation.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:24 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,921,532 times
since it is a "township" one stereotype i can make is that it is poorly planned and developers can do basically whatever they want.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,390,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
since it is a "township" one stereotype i can make is that it is poorly planned and developers can do basically whatever they want.
Oh, prog, you just go from bad to worse. If there is a negative that can be advanced about the Anderson Township Trustees, it is that they micro manage everything. Sure, they have urban sprawl, like Mason, Montgomery, West Chester, etc. but not from neglect of control. You seem to have a lot of strong opinions about stuff you don't actually know much about.

Jim Schifrin has made a career out of bashing his trustees out there. Try subscribing to his newletter. It has a lot of insider info leaked to Schifrin. Here he is today bashing O'Brien one of the politicos out there:

Finally, with so many Angry Andersonians clamoring for disgraced Township Trustee Kevin O’Brien to resign, at yesterday’s meeting of the Conservative Agenda, Political Insiders were asking Beloved Whistleblower Publisher Charles Foster Kane to predict how the Forest Hills Urinal would be burying the story about R. W. Baird & Company’s $336,175-plus-interest breach of contract lawsuit (Case # A1003931) against Whacky Jackie O’Brien’s Illegitimate Son Kevin, who’d been elected Anderson Township Trustee by deception, aided and abetted by his enablers at the same Forest Hills Urinal. “Their plan is obvious,” Kane explained. “They’ll just find another one of Kevin’s co-conspirators to write a bull**** column protecting him. Just wait and see.”

The_Whistleblower_Newswire

Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 AM

41,788 posts, read 74,825,163 times
The Whistleblower is still around? What fun!

As for Anderson Township, it may have been poorly planned up until about 30 years ago; now everyone's stuck trying to untangle that mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati