U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:12 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,294,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Amazing how Cranley et al call the streetcar "too expensive", "a boondoggle", etc.

And then support spending tens of millions of dollars to build this. That's city money, not ODOT.

A $42 million connector bridge.
This project makes no sense especially considering the amount of money being spent on this bridge. For a person familiar with the area there are many different routes to get to Cincinnati State from I-74 without even touching I-75. One would be to exit I-74 at northbound Beekman street, turn right at Colerain, turn left unto Blue Rock, turn left on Hamilton- Ludlow which will lead you right to Cincy State. Another way would be exit I-74 at southbound Beekman , make left at Elmore, make left at Colerain, make quick right at Powers or Cooper side streets, make left at Spring Grove then a quick right at Hamilton - Ludlow streets. Either way probably takes at most 5 minutes or less. Spending 42 million dollars on a bridge just to save commuters 5 minutes is just plain stupid . I wonder who came up with this bright ideal . This have to make you concerned about the future of Cincinnati and the state of Ohio when you see idiotic stuff like this getting proposed and approved. I feel sorry for the upcoming generations who will live with the results of these boneheaded decisions made by these elected leaders squandering money on these stupid projects patting themselves on the back thinking they are geniuses accomplishing something meaningful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 08:47 PM

9,259 posts, read 13,406,804 times
Again businesses, don't just complain, Scream Like Hell, you are being taken to the cleaners.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:43 PM

528 posts, read 580,129 times
I don't attend Cincinnati State but, I do use the current connector to access the Clifton area. I don't like the idea of closing the current ramp but, if I had to make the choice of using the new Hopple Street exchange or going down Beekman Street to access this new bridge I am staying on I-74 and going to Hopple. Besides we all know that 42 million is not going to build that new bridge. 60 - 70 million is probably closer to the actual price.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:50 PM

9,602 posts, read 20,527,527 times
I'm amazed our nation built an entire interstate system in 2 decades back in the mid 20th century and today we can't update dangerous roads or replace collapsing bridges in high need areas while other areas get completely unneeded projects in the form of pork.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:07 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,800,154 times
I'm assuming this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill
Nope, Nope ,Nope, please tell me why this is necessary? Just see no reason for why it is! Of course we see very little about necessary infrastrastructure. Cuure, guess, guess why, because we are too plain stupid.
found here

addresses this topic.

This is my bad because I went off topic on the Macy's/Kroger Fugly HQ building thread. I stated that it would be stupid to encourage them to do new investment because whatever new building they would build would require a lot of tax incentives, and that's money the city certainly doesn't have after the fit being thrown over the streetcar unless we start cutting other projects like Cranley's Hopple Street overpass train wreck (again, California dreaming here that a new Kroger/Macy's HQ would ever happen, much less in city limits).

However Mr. Brill, I'm with you on the Hopple St. overpass, I think. This one unnecessary ramp is a complete waste. It will not spur development, if anything it will detract from it because Cincy State students will be able to avoid driving through town and supporting local businesses along the way. It barely saves any time. And this is all at a cost of millions upon millions of dollars.

COAST should be up in arms.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:33 PM

1,578 posts, read 2,309,787 times
Follow the money!!!

Old 03-30-2017, 06:00 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,615,724 times
Apparently this project is dead. Good.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:53 PM

800 posts, read 699,954 times
The Cranley years have been the exact disaster everyone predicted. Just wasted the last TIGER grant application on a bridge to nowhere. It is well-known that Cranley's streetcar stunt pissed off the Feds and we aren't going to win anything until he's gone.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:01 PM

862 posts, read 636,661 times
From a traveler's perspective, it's probably not a good idea to exit on Hopple or any of the exits south of there. Harrison comes to mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or