Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:44 PM

13 posts, read 12,854 times

Advertisements

HI
My name is Tadei and i'm comming from Slovenia, this is in center of Europe ;D

Curently i have some project here in Mason and i also like to take some good photos of the country.

I have just last weekend visit the Hocking hills park, it is great there.

I have some nice photos of Cincinnati and now i like to know if is something around the Cincinnati and Mason that i can go to take some photos.

Do you have some suggest?

please help me

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 08:25 PM

245 posts, read 330,400 times
The Carew Tower observation deck in Cincinnati. On a clear day, you can see for miles and miles. I can't think of anything I would take a picture of in Mason, but in that general area 'Chateau Laroche' the Loveland Castle would be an interesting shoot.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:04 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,124,978 times
Actually, one of the best spots in the entire region for taking photos of the post-industrial rust belt is right by Mason, just east of Kings Island on 741. It's here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.3515...BJS3zf-hFw!2e0

It's a beautiful plant, and I'm hoping it is still standing. With all the other development in the area and the increasing demand for unique spaces, I find it hard to understand why no developer has scooped this property up. It would be the best possible place to build out cool "urban" lofts in the suburbs. Especially with the bike trail right there. If I worked in Mason/Loveland area I'd certainly buy or rent a unit there myself.

Otherwise, there are millions of places to take excellent pictures in the area. Is there anything in particular you desire from these pictures? In the past I made recommendations here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/cinci...-pictures.html

That might be of use to you.

Good luck!

Old 04-25-2015, 01:36 PM

I'd forgotten about the cartridge plant. Neat building.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:18 PM

tnx SWOH, i like old buildings and that kind of stuff.

h Steve this castle is realy interesting, in Europe we have a lot of castles but i didn't know that this kind of Castle exist in USA
it's looke like is from Game of thrones ;D

Do you have any waterfall here arround?

Old 04-25-2015, 09:03 PM

For waterfalls, probably the closest would be John Bryan SP in Yellow Springs if you can make it to there. The little Miami River has a series of nice waterfalls through there, and neighboring Glen Helen Preserve and Clifton Gorge preserve.

If you have a car and a weekend (or even a full day), the trip to Hocking Hills near Logan OH is also worth it.

I've heard good things about KY for waterfalls, but I don't know anywhere specific. Others should be able to help though.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:06 PM

As for old buildings, do you have a car? There are literally dozens of nice beautiful historic buildings in all the small town and larger towns around here in various states of repair. If there is anything specific again just let me know and I can direct you right to a nice handful of places to check out in southwest Ohio.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h Steve View Post
I'd forgotten about the cartridge plant. Neat building.
Yes it is! Whenever I pass through that area I'm always amazed it's there. A throwback to another era. I really hope someone has a plan for it that doesn't involve demolition

Old 04-26-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
For waterfalls, probably the closest would be John Bryan SP in Yellow Springs if you can make it to there. The little Miami River has a series of nice waterfalls through there, and neighboring Glen Helen Preserve and Clifton Gorge preserve.

If you have a car and a weekend (or even a full day), the trip to Hocking Hills near Logan OH is also worth it.

I've heard good things about KY for waterfalls, but I don't know anywhere specific. Others should be able to help though.
There's Cumberland Falls approx. 175 miles south of Cincinnati.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:22 AM

Good work guys, nice destinations

Yes i have car, actually 4 of them

Today i'm gonna go to Columbus, before that i was at Loveland castle, realy awesome

tnx a lot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati