Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 09:21 PM

688 posts, read 1,116,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
The Banks on the riverfront is a downtown apartment complex in the traditional sense. Additionally, condos are available to rent in OTR. If you're looking for a suburban apartment complex, Charleston at Blue Ash is a fun place with a good pool scene.
I will second The Charleston. Blue Ash is safe, conveniently located, and has moderate nightlife in the vicinity though it is not the trendy Hyde Park or Mt. Lookout scene. Had more than a few friends spend a few post-college years at this complex.

You may also want to look into Harpers Point. Perhaps a little more of the divorced crowd than The Charleston but still a good amount of mid-20 somethings in there. Has a clubhouse/bar that serves as a decent rendezvous point for a lot of residents.

Going the single-family home route, consider Silverton or Reading as areas with housing stock that might be more affordable. Yards not too big so low on the maintenance and homes in the 900-1600 sq. ft. range will likely suit the needs of a YP but not require you to hire Merry Maids to clean the place for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 10:55 AM

4 posts, read 9,134 times
My budget would preferably be about $1000 per month. Certainly willing to pay less than that, but I would definitely like an apartment that doesn't feel really cheap.

In terms of what I'm looking for, walkability would be a big plus. I have a car, but if I can visit restaurants/bars or festivals and not have to drive, that would be good. I am into running and would like the ability to go for a run in the evening and still feel safe. I am not super into nightlife (I'd rather go enjoy some beers at a casual bar with some friends and good conversation than go to a club or club-like atmosphere).

I would prefer to be relatively close to downtown, since that is where I will be working, but I've dealt with a longer commute before so that isn't a total dealbreaker.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:14 PM

236 posts, read 318,965 times
You'll be able to get a one or two bedroom for that price in OTR or Mt. Adams. I'd recommend OTR, you can walk to alot more stuff, it is relatively flat, and has bars that aren't as fratty as the ones in Mt. Adams. Both are very urban though, for better and worse. You'll be able to walk to many places very easily, but don't expect to be able to park in a designated spot everyday.

There is stuff in Hyde Park or Oakley to walk to, just not nearly as many options.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:13 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
I know you said you'd prefer to not try Kentucky, but the Mainstrasse area of Covington has everything you asked for, at more reasonable rents than OTR or Mt. Adams, and is 10 minutes away from downtown. If I were you, I'd take a look.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:51 PM

236 posts, read 318,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
I know you said you'd prefer to not try Kentucky, but the Mainstrasse area of Covington has everything you asked for, at more reasonable rents than OTR or Mt. Adams, and is 10 minutes away from downtown. If I were you, I'd take a look.
Good suggestion. I always thought that area of Covington seemed pretty cool. Sadly, the lack of a smoking ban kept me away from the area more than I would have liked.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:55 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1813 View Post
Good suggestion. I always thought that area of Covington seemed pretty cool. Sadly, the lack of a smoking ban kept me away from the area more than I would have liked.
Although I understand the issue about smoking, there are more good quality, interesting apartments in that area than you might assume. And I suspect a smoking ban is coming there like everywhere else, just not sure how soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: