Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 09:16 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times

Advertisements

I would setup a call with the principal at Saint Susanna in Mason. He would probably be a good source to start with.

Saint Susanna School | St. Susanna Catholic Church | Mason, OH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 10:08 AM

16 posts, read 28,866 times
Maxmodder thank you so much for these details.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:23 AM

Glad to help. Once you have a selection of schools narrowed down, please post them and the forum regulars here can help you narrow down an ideal location even further based on any other criteria that you may be looking for such as:

level of crime
distance to work
taxes
proximity to parks
proximity to areas for children activities
walkability

Old 07-12-2015, 11:10 AM

Wow maxmodder you are great! Thank you so so much for taking the time to help and the other regulars too. If I just post back on this thread once we have narrowed our selection is that ok?

Old 07-13-2015, 08:53 AM

This thread has good visibility so I don't see anything wrong with posting in this thread once the selection has been narrowed.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:12 PM

245 posts, read 332,890 times
I've always heard good things about Nativity School in Pleasant Ridge. Nativity School | Lighting The Way

Old 07-22-2015, 08:43 AM

Hi h Steve, wow thank you for this and especially the link.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:48 AM

My husband is currently in Cincinnati for the week. The areas he has seen and liked are:

Hyde Park
Mount Lookup
Anderson Township

Would welcome pros and cons of area if possible.

I would rank priorities as:
Good schools
Nice place to live with good amenities
Thanks again for taking the time to read this, it is much appreciated.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:11 PM

24 posts, read 80,660 times
Hi Majjsu,
There are so many good options this one is tough. How far do you prefer to commute downtown to work? I agree that St Marys in Hyde Park and Summit Country Day are very good schools, but so are Seven Hills and Cincy Hills Christian Academy and they are also expensive. Do you care what type of neighborhood you live in in terms of newer construction or are you ok with a 100 yr old house? Both my wife and i went to catholic schools through college (not in OH) but we are sending our elementary and middle school children to public because many of the public schools here (except for cincinnati public) are very good to excellent.
Talk to co-workers and get their input.

I wouldnt recommend West Side for an expat, which Ive been before, not very many transplants there, nothing against the place or people but it is pretty insular. I have relocated 7 times all over the world, 3 times lived in Cincy and really like this town, very good quality of life.

Ignore the East of I-71 comment. There are good and bad schools both on east and west side of I-71. Wyoming for example ranks nationally and is West of I-75.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:29 AM

Lewis123 wow thank you so much for this. I think I am after peace of mind on things that we are making the right decisions, it's so hard when you are in another country, so your comments really do help.

My husband said a 15 minute commute, he prefers new houses but think we will rent rather than buy.
I would be happy with any style house with a back garden, a good school and a nice area.

My daughter is currently at a Catholic Primary school which are free in the UK. I was hoping to transfer her to a similar school, but got a shock you have to pay. My husband is Catholic, I am not so what you put about elementary schools is really good to know

The co workers recommend Hyde Park or Blue Ash. Since posting the places, think he has decided against Hyde Park and says Blue Ash is too far. Hopefully when I get the opportunity to come out to have a look, it will help. Being stuck on Google in the UK trying to research things isn't easy.

Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: