U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-06-2016, 09:32 AM
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,583 posts, read 20,456,271 times
Reputation: 9077

Advertisements

Talking about Cincinnati and the MLS... to me that is a really interesting thing with Columbus having a team that is drawing less than Cincinnati's first year minor league team. Recently MLS has rewarded the minor league teams with the best attendance even if there are larger markets with no team. Examples include Portland and Orlando, which are doing great. Early on the MLS went with market size and ended up with bad franchises in large markets. If Columbus didn't have a team Cincinnati would definitely get a team. But if attendance continues to be so great I think MLS will still place an expansion team in Cincy and like Seattle you could see it successfully share an NFL stadium. At this pace FCC could end up being the Seattle Sounders of the East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2016, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Talking about Cincinnati and the MLS... to me that is a really interesting thing with Columbus having a team that is drawing less than Cincinnati's first year minor league team. Recently MLS has rewarded the minor league teams with the best attendance even if there are larger markets with no team. Examples include Portland and Orlando, which are doing great. Early on the MLS went with market size and ended up with bad franchises in large markets. If Columbus didn't have a team Cincinnati would definitely get a team. But if attendance continues to be so great I think MLS will still place an expansion team in Cincy and like Seattle you could see it successfully share an NFL stadium. At this pace FCC could end up being the Seattle Sounders of the East.
^

I'm sure you'll enjoy a recent article from Paul Daugherty...

This gifted sports writer not only adds weight to your own observations about FC Cincinnati, but he also praises the city itself. A superb read!

Doc: FC Cincy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2016, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
From the Cincinnati Enquirer, news of this intriguing new development deserves at least a mention:
Report: FC Cincy met with MLS officials in New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2016, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
From the Cincinnati Enquirer, news of this intriguing new development deserves at least a mention:
Report: FC Cincy met with MLS officials in New York
From the Cincinnati Enquirer, this optimistic update:
MLS commissioner to visit Cincinnati
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
This year, the Cincinnati Bengals; next year, FC Cincinnati?

* http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/10/12/will-fc-cincinnati-play-in-europe.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 03:36 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati (Norwood)
3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times
Reputation: 1746
From the Cincinnati Enquirer, this update concerning the city's chances of hosting MLS:
Cincy business leaders respond to Don Garber's visit, message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 05:15 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati (P Ridge)
573 posts, read 439,630 times
Reputation: 460
FCC will need their own stadium to make it to the MLS. I'm sure the ownership knows this and knows they'll have to fund it themselves. The stadium issue should be the only thing that holds FCC back. They've already sold 7,000 season tickets for next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2016, 07:06 PM
 
124 posts, read 97,318 times
Reputation: 101
I'm loving the enthusiasm and potential of FC Cincinnati. I just wish these MLS teams and FC Cincinnati didn't have such stupid copy-cat Euro names; Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City, Atlanta United, FC Cincinnati. I know I'm being picky here but it drives me nuts. Also, listening to the announcer calling an FC Cincinnati game is torture. Please, just call them Cincinnati during the game! I wish we could be original. I love the colors, logo and branding but the name is ridiculous sounding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2016, 03:43 AM
 
Location: Kennedy Heights, Ohio. USA
1,619 posts, read 1,277,445 times
Reputation: 1282
The biggest problem is where is you going to build this stadium at. The only location that would work would be Queensgate which was formerly the West End dense urban neighborhood before it was demolished in order to become an industrial area and pathway for the interstate highway. Maybe somewhere close to the former but now demolished Crosley baseball stadium on Spring Grove ave in Camp Washington like the empty former Hillshire Farms / Kahn's Weiners factory. Cincinnati already have several urban stadiums that are just dead zones most time of the year so why add another one that adds to the dead zone of an unused facility most times of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2016, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati, OH
1,715 posts, read 2,605,028 times
Reputation: 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
The biggest problem is where is you going to build this stadium at. The only location that would work would be Queensgate which was formerly the West End dense urban neighborhood before it was demolished in order to become an industrial area and pathway for the interstate highway. Maybe somewhere close to the former but now demolished Crosley baseball stadium on Spring Grove ave in Camp Washington like the empty former Hillshire Farms / Kahn's Weiners factory. Cincinnati already have several urban stadiums that are just dead zones most time of the year so why add another one that adds to the dead zone of an unused facility most times of the year.
I think a good location would be south of US 50 and west of I-75. Lots of vacant land there and is just a stone's throw away from downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top