Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 06:41 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,087,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
This is why we moved to Butler County. It hook a few years to find a job outside Hamilton Cty and the crooks that ruined the city by total mismanagement.
I gave your county a look too. Ultimately settled on NKY since I was able to find a home that needed a minimal amount of work that was in close proximity to employment, bus lines (in case I park the car for work) and has some potential for the development of my flea powered AM radio station.

Yeah, a lot of the people in City Hall really need to reassess their values and belief system. Their decisions are destroying the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 PM

17 posts, read 18,988 times
As an RF engineer, I'd love to know your definition of flea powered. Real AM starts at 50kW (if your name is Crosley)

Old 08-17-2015, 08:35 PM

3,866 posts, read 3,143,889 times
More roads, parking lots and restaurants and added car congestion in parks, the one nearby area you can flee to escape the congestion and hustle and bustle of life in an urban area. The proponents of this plan says this make Cincinnati more fun and vibrant which in turn will attract more people to the city neighborhoods. Strip malls in a urban parks is going bring vibrancy and fun to Cincinnati . Mayor Cranley how about letting the parks be parks and focus on making the streets vibrant and full of life instead of bulldozing them down harming the city's neighborhoods for expanded highway lanes and exits. Mayor Cranley is more than willing to sacrifice and hurt the city of Cincinnati for his personal ambition of getting suburban landowners and developers support for his ascension to state or national office when he eventually leaves the Mayor's office.

Last edited by Coseau; 08-17-2015 at 08:45 PM..

Old 08-17-2015, 08:37 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,542,768 times
If this is true, I find it rather ironic, since it was principally Cranley who decided to renege on the City's deal with the developers of Brewery X in the old Eden Park Pump Station. After successfully torpedoing the project, which would have brought the very vitality that this new program purports to create, the Pump Station remains a tragically neglected relic in the heart of one of Cincinnati's premier parks.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:25 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,087,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahooli View Post
As an RF engineer, I'd love to know your definition of flea powered. Real AM starts at 50kW (if your name is Crosley)
Part 15 AM. 100 mw into a antenna and ground not exceeding 10 feet. I have a FCC Type Certified unit.

Old 09-05-2015, 03:35 AM

Mayor Cranley withdrew city funding for the Ludlow avenue IGA proclaiming that Clifton was getting preferential treatment over the rest of Cincinnati neighborhoods yet he want to put an extra road with parking lots for a restaurant and beer garden( fancy word for beer drinking establishment) in an urban park that serves as a nature retreat in the midst of this same congested neighborhood. Clifton has more than enough restaurants and beer drinking establishments deadlocked with car traffic on its main streets and now he wants to bring more of that to Burnett Woods park by adding essentially a strip mall to it. Mayor Cranley spent 52 million dollars for a non needed highway exit and bridge connecting interstate 74 to Central parkway destroying part of Camp Washington that will only say highway commuters only 5 minutes in commute time when that money could have been better spent on a rail transit system that would relieve traffic deadlock in Clifton. This would have saved many more car commuters commuting time without the need to raze whole section of houses dating back to the late 1800's.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:38 AM

Citizens of Cincinnati election day is 2 days away. If you want to give the Mayor sole discretion what projects get approved or rejected for city parks where as the Mayor can completely bypass the public and city council on how their tax dollars get spent then by all means vote yes. If you favor shadowy backroom deals in exchange for pork barrel projects then by all means vote yes. If you favor ethic irregularities where improper cash and non cash bonuses are paid to The City Park Director and board members and money is funneled between the public park board and a private park foundation then by all means vote yes. Just to highlight the questionable ethics that seem to be a standard operating procedure here a $200,000 check given by The City Park Board to a 501c4 Political Action Committee had to be returned to a private park foundation due to questionable legalities.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:42 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,160,534 times
^I wish I was in Cincinnati city limits and I could
Vote NO on Issue 22.

If the people of Cincinnati haven't caught on yet, Issue 22's only purpose is to block the Wasson Way light rail corridor.

The only "park" created would be a bike trail on that same path.
An oversized bike trail that would be built in such a way that light rail could never be run parallel on the line too (there is plenty of room for both).

Old 11-02-2015, 05:12 AM

610 posts, read 796,977 times
I'm voting no but I think it'll pass. People who might not know enough about the issue won't be able to vote against parks.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:12 AM

410 posts, read 586,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
I'm voting no but I think it'll pass. People who might not know enough about the issue won't be able to vote against parks.
I think you're right. It feels so "anti-Cincinnati" to vote against the parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati