U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 08:38 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,125,513 times

Advertisements

If you hadn't noticed the entire countries school systems have been taken over by nut jobs period. It only takes a few in a district to be distractions and bring turmoil. In other states,teaching Islam has started, so does that mean the Pledge of Allegiance and Lords Prayer will be reinstated?. Don't think so, strap yourselves in folks as the real Americans are in for a more than rough ride wherever you are. Blame it on the lawmakers in the country in their desire to gain favor for their party and get votes,!!!

Old 12-30-2015, 01:06 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,788,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
I see those articles are from roughly 3-5 years ago. We haven't heard anything recently.
Glad that is the case. It was getting scary for a while.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:14 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,788,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
If you hadn't noticed the entire countries school systems have been taken over by nut jobs period. It only takes a few in a district to be distractions and bring turmoil. In other states,teaching Islam has started, so does that mean the Pledge of Allegiance and Lords Prayer will be reinstated?. Don't think so, strap yourselves in folks as the real Americans are in for a more than rough ride wherever you are. Blame it on the lawmakers in the country in their desire to gain favor for their party and get votes,!!!
Probably isn't the best place to discuss this, but given the fact that our OP appears to have children coming to OH I should make a quick correction.

"Teaching Islam" is teaching students about the achievements of Islamic people, including their contributions to mathematics (Algebra), science, and art among other things. The same is done for the Christian painters of the Renaissance as well as for Christian mathematicians and philosophers like Descartes. Certainly doesn't involve getting out the Quran or reading Muhammad's prayer (if such a thing exists).

Old 01-01-2016, 06:59 PM

1,879 posts, read 2,124,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Probably isn't the best place to discuss this, but given the fact that our OP appears to have children coming to OH I should make a quick correction.

"Teaching Islam" is teaching students about the achievements of Islamic people, including their contributions to mathematics (Algebra), science, and art among other things. The same is done for the Christian painters of the Renaissance as well as for Christian mathematicians and philosophers like Descartes. Certainly doesn't involve getting out the Quran or reading Muhammad's prayer (if such a thing exists).
Downright funny that stuff like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mathematics

babbles on and on about dates thousands of years before there was any such thing as either Islam or Christianity and points to GREEK thought.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:54 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,143,300 times
Lovely little loophole that these Christian private schools and similar can exploit.

"I want my child to experience an education under a private school led by a principal that only has a HS diploma and isn't qualified to push a broom let alone run a school! I'm an idiot so I'll just believe anything the teacher faculty at these scam schools tell me! Weeeeeeee!"

LOL what a joke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2Su7CBzOw

Private school tuition loophole exploited | www.ajc.com

Old 01-02-2016, 07:55 AM

2,886 posts, read 3,956,094 times
It's time for a moderator to shut this down. There are other forums to discuss school curricula.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:03 AM

3,751 posts, read 10,219,757 times
For some reason I thought this was a revived thread from numerous years ago... so I ignored.

As far as commutability (from Lebanon) - Dayton is a pretty easy drive up Rt 48. Sure, at rush hour, that might be more of a stop and go drive... but still - not very bad.

I can be at 48 and 675 from my home in about 25 minutes.. (I realize that's the Dayton outskirts). So of course, depends on where you'll be working in Dayton.

I live on the "71 side" of Lebanon, so for me its a short drive to downtown Cinci (about 35 minutes - non rush hour to Fountain square). So evening/weekend events are very doable.

Lebanon itself is a tourist-y town. Lots of boutiques/shops catering to tourists on weekend in the old-downtown. A couple of restuarants. Decent kroger. Short drive to Lowes/Depot/Target (towards S. Lebanon - totally different community). 15 minutes (or less) to Deerfield Twp (area people think is Mason that has all the businesses/restaurants along Mason Montgomery) About 20 minutes to Liberty Twn Center (giant new development in Liberty twp with upscale cinema, lots of walkable shopping, and restaurants.

Lebanon does have lots of festivals and events (especially in good weather). But I have to say most areas around Cinci seems to do that as well.

Good luck to the OP (also - whenever I drive through Dayton I think Oakwood is darling, Kettering is also very cute)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or