U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 07:39 AM

573 posts, read 439,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Boston comes to mind but I don't recall ever seeing this kind of behavior. I actually like the Benglas and want to see them win. As long as they are not playing the Giants or Dolphins or a game they play in is going to negatively impact the Giants or Dolphins chances to go to or while in the playoffs, I want to see them win.

But this stuff is hard to believe....
Trust me this sort of stupid behavior happens a lot....

Mother, Son Beat Mets Fan Outside Dodger Stadium -- NYMag

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2361205

Hazelwood man arrested after incident at Heinz Field | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Kentucky Wildcats fans take to streets, about 30 arrested after loss

2 fans arrested after Monday Night Football game - CBS News

Flyers Fan Arrested in Winter Classic Fight | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Caught on camera: 2 Cowboys fans arrested in post-game brawl with Redskins fan | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WJLA

I found those in a matter of minutes. So again...a-hole fans are everywhere and they're all a-holes no matter who they cheer for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 04:53 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,278,327 times
This game is being referred to a lot in media. Donald Trump used the game as a political metaphor of how soft the nation has got as compared to the days of the NFL when Dick Butkus and Ray Nitschke played. There was a segment about it on National Public Radio on players getting knocked out carried off the field with penalties getting called and not getting called, referring how the violence of the NFL is like addiction where viewers have difficulty turning away from watching the game on TV. Rush Limbaugh referred to the toxic atmosphere of the Steelers-Bengals game as the kind of toxic atmosphere Obama is trying to create between Democrats and Republicans with his choice of guests in his upcoming State of the Union address to the joint meeting of Congress.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:21 PM

172 posts, read 183,459 times
Ben Roethlisberger's comments on Saturday's game .....

"On Tuesday, during his weekly interview with 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh, Big Ben talked about Vontaze Burfict, the Bengals' linebacker that will now serve a three-game suspension for his antics during the Steelers' Wild Card win in Cincinnati. It was Burfict's hit that led to Roethlisberger's right shoulder injuries, as Big Ben will look to overcome an AC joint sprain and ligament damage to try to play in Sunday's AFC divisional round game against the Broncos.

“I do not think it was a dirty hit,” Roethlisberger said. “I think he was playing the game… I know that there is some video of him supposedly kneeing me, or kicking me, or whatever, but I don’t think there was anything intentional.”

Big Ben also addressed Burfict's hit on Antonio Brown, which drew a 15-yard penalty after Brown fell to the ground with concussion....

“I think he was just trying to make a play,” Roethlisberger said. “As fast as the game is, as fast as all that happens, you’ve got to be pretty good to intentionally try and do something like that. Do I think it was a penalty? Yes. I think that it was a hit to a defensive player to the head, absolutely. But I don’t think it was an intentional hit.”

Old 01-13-2016, 07:44 PM

539 posts, read 377,417 times
Huge difference between Shazier hit and Burfict. Bernard caught the ball and took two steps and turned. Definitely questionable, might have been illegal, but hardly dirty. Shazier even apologized after saying he never would want to hurt anyone no matter what. Shazier was making a tackle.

Burfict's hit was after the ball was on the ground. He jumped up and shouldered him in the head. No form at all. No remorse, either. Burfict has had a ton of hits like that and deserves punishment. Shazier has no history of dirty hits. Of course we have idiots like Burfict, but guess what...they have the wherewithal not to f up with less than 2 minutes left and the lead LOL half of winning is knowing how to win

Old 01-13-2016, 10:07 PM

15,574 posts, read 9,650,106 times
IMO, Ben was just being politically correct and taking the high road when he made those statements. We all saw what Burfict was up to, even seasoned sports figures and announcers were saying he needed to be brought under control.

The irony is, the Bengals had the game won, but they chose to lose sight of what they were there to do and what they needed to do to win. They did it to themselves and have no one else to blame.

Don

Old 01-14-2016, 03:53 AM

172 posts, read 183,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
IMO, Ben was just being politically correct and taking the high road when he made those statements. We all saw what Burfict was up to, even seasoned sports figures and announcers were saying he needed to be brought under control.

The irony is, the Bengals had the game won, but they chose to lose sight of what they were there to do and what they needed to do to win. They did it to themselves and have no one else to blame.

Don

Don1945 ...... I considered that Ben might have just been "taking the high road" but keep in mind, he didn't have any trouble calling out Burfict for his tackle at his ankles in the December game. Regardless, people are going to believe what they want to believe even if the players actually involved say otherwise.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:58 PM

7,649 posts, read 5,404,882 times
Attached Thumbnails
Wow This Steelers/Bengals Game Is Crazy!-fb_img_1452795967045-small-.jpg  

Old 01-14-2016, 08:54 PM

4,237 posts, read 3,287,874 times
So much for Sam Wyche's ''You don't live in Cleveland...'' rant-put down...lol

Old 01-18-2016, 04:21 AM

2,021 posts, read 3,377,738 times
Mike1003, You don't know what real suffering is! Lol

Old 01-18-2016, 05:37 AM

3,377 posts, read 3,694,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Mike1003, You don't know what real suffering is! Lol
Well, today...we know it's in Pittsburgh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati