U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2016, 10:11 AM
 
4,237 posts, read 3,287,874 times
Reputation: 1837

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
What's your point? Are Democratic leaders "better" than Republican leaders? The city of Detroit has had continuous Democratic leadership since the early 1960s. I don't see people running to move there.
Right, like having liberal democrats running a city is a good thing, especially one like Cinci. Cinci is not San Francisco although it is trying to reinvent itself as being liberal. A good example is the patronizing story regarding the soul food restaurant in the Banks in a forced effort to create diversity on the taxpayers' dime.

Cinci lost about 41% of its population and now it is this liberal hotbed, in the city of course. An island of supposedly liberalism in a sea of conservatives. Not saying this is a bad thing whether it's liberal or conservative but there is this need to distinguish the small city from the large metro area.

 
Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati (P Ridge)
573 posts, read 439,845 times
Reputation: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
What's your point? Are Democratic leaders "better" than Republican leaders? The city of Detroit has had continuous Democratic leadership since the early 1960s. I don't see people running to move there.
Sigh. No my point is that Kamms is utterly clueless when he was saying Cincinnati is conservative.

I'm going to follow Motorman and Mimi's lead and stop posting in this thread for reasons they mentioned.
 
Old 02-23-2016, 11:27 AM
 
4,237 posts, read 3,287,874 times
Reputation: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
Sigh. No my point is that Kamms is utterly clueless when he was saying Cincinnati is conservative.

I'm going to follow Motorman and Mimi's lead and stop posting in this thread for reasons they mentioned.
Not clueless, just a realist. I know Hyde Park has liberals and all that but the Cinci metro is conservative and the city, despite its reinvented liberalism, still retains an association with the sea of conservatives around it. This is one reason for Cinci's population decline.
 
Old 02-23-2016, 11:30 AM
 
4,237 posts, read 3,287,874 times
Reputation: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi in cinci View Post
If you'd check your geography, you will notice that Rowan County (Kim Davis) is over 100 miles from Cincinnati. Your post is the only time I have ever heard Kim Davis referred to as part of Cincinnati.

If you'd like to go that route try googling Jim Obergefell ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...eac_story.html
If you'd check your reading skills you will notice I did not say Kim Davis is a part of Cincinnati. Ms. Davis is though in a county adjacent to Cincinnati's metro. Point being, there is a heavy conservative presence in and around Cincinnati and its metro area.
 
Old 02-23-2016, 12:06 PM
 
5,643 posts, read 8,749,753 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Not clueless, just a realist. I know Hyde Park has liberals and all that but the Cinci metro is conservative and the city, despite its reinvented liberalism, still retains an association with the sea of conservatives around it. This is one reason for Cinci's population decline.
Not sure I understand this logic. A city is losing its population because of the Conservative communities that surround it? Can you expound a little on this?
 
Old 02-24-2016, 12:08 AM
 
4,237 posts, read 3,287,874 times
Reputation: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Not sure I understand this logic. A city is losing its population because of the Conservative communities that surround it? Can you expound a little on this?
Not sure I understand your question.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:06 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
I'm not sure anyone understands anything here anymore, really.
I'm closing this thread before it gets really ugly, I think the topic has been covered.
Closed.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top