U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 05:36 PM

3,383 posts, read 3,702,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Yet you are the one taking this thread to the topic of Cleveland's IKEA issue.
...I simply derailed your derailment.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Trust me, I didn't know there was a rivalry until I lived in Cinci. Coming from Cleveland, never heard much about Cinci, let alone a rivalry. This is one of those one-way rivalries; one city has a rivalry with another, the latter city not about this rivalry.

I only comment on this because of Cinci's m.o.
Yes, of course... In this thread I guess we need to appreciate just how few times you've added extraneous tallies of Cleveland's pro-sports teams, mentions of its NBA team, or stats of its NEO population in demonstration of just how unimportant "one-way" rivalries are to you.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:57 PM

4,237 posts, read 3,293,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Yes, of course... In this thread I guess we need to appreciate just how few times you've added extraneous tallies of Cleveland's pro-sports teams, mentions of its NBA team, or stats of its NEO population in demonstration of just how unimportant "one-way" rivalries are to you.
It's just keeping Cinci checked since I know how it works down there. Must say it was great to see the Cavs play on ABC; this along with the Saturday night ABC games is a great example of national exposure.

Last edited by Kamms; 02-21-2016 at 09:20 PM..

Old 02-21-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
So why doesn't Cinci get national attention?

Old 02-22-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
So why doesn't Cinci get national attention?
Obviously, you didn't do your homework...

On the computer you're using right now, the Cincinnati forum, alone, is able to connect you to a myriad of active links from national sources recognizing and/or awarding the city for everything from its sheer beauty, core urbanity, amazing renovation of OTR, sleek new streetcar, LGBT acceptance, prestigious fine dining, number of craft beers and breweries, good health, retailing and branding, population growth and job production, low COL, powerful F500 companies and port authority, movie shoots, cultural attractions and family amenities, pro and amateur sports, recreation and parks, universities and libraries, huge public festivals, aquarium, and zoo.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:29 AM

3,751 posts, read 10,217,616 times
Quote:
Obviously, you didn't do your homework...

On the computer you're using right now, the Cincinnati forum, alone, is able to connect you to a myriad of active links from national sources recognizing and/or awarding the city for everything from its sheer beauty, core urbanity, amazing renovation of OTR, sleek new streetcar, LGBT acceptance, prestigious fine dining, number of craft beers and breweries, good health, retailing and branding, population growth and job production, low COL, powerful F500 companies and port authority, movie shoots, cultural attractions and family amenities, pro and amateur sports, recreation and parks, universities and libraries, huge public festivals, aquarium, and zoo.
I guess your post underscores my confusion with the original posters proposed question.

It is simple to get information on Cinci and its attributes/features if one is interested.

If the OP is wondering why Cincinnati is not mentioned as often as Washington D.C. (nation's capital), NYC (largest city in US), or LA (largest West Coast city, 2nd largest in country) in the national press.. that's not hard to figure out.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:48 AM

5,655 posts, read 8,761,610 times
If you look at other metro areas of similar size around the country, how many get a lot of national press or attention? None, really unless they have a sports team that makes headlines or perhaps a major weather event or crime. Bear in mind what the media reports these days is typically negative and it may be a blessing that Cincy is not receiving any attention by the main stream media. I certainly recall it during the riots in 2001 and Marge Schott was also giving the region a bad reputation. No news is good news the way I see it.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
If you look at other metro areas of similar size around the country, how many get a lot of national press or attention? None, really unless they have a sports team that makes headlines or perhaps a major weather event or crime. Bear in mind what the media reports these days is typically negative and it may be a blessing that Cincy is not receiving any attention by the main stream media. I certainly recall it during the riots in 2001 and Marge Schott was also giving the region a bad reputation. No news is good news the way I see it.
True, I don't think Chicago gets a lot of attention either except for crime, corruption and sports on occasion.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
True, I don't think Chicago gets a lot of attention either except for crime, corruption and sports on occasion.
Yup. Blame the media focus on the negative in our society these days, not positive attributes of people or in this case, a region.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:05 AM

And the latest just came to mind. Pete Rose. All the main stream national media does is concentrate on the negative. Same with any metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or