U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-22-2016, 12:22 PM
 
95 posts, read 59,857 times
Reputation: 55

Advertisements

i think what the op was getting at was, towns like austin, portland, denver, etc.. all get publicity for being sweet as hell and why not cincinnati? and i'm going on the record (it means a lot) as saying i don't want an nba franchise. would devalue the good hoops we've already got. also for the record, Moderator cut: read the tos

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2016 at 04:16 AM..

 
Old 02-22-2016, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Cincinnati (P Ridge)
573 posts, read 441,035 times
Reputation: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Not always lurking around just when I see a poster like you claiming things like the RNC is a guarantee for Cinci and my favorite: Cinci is not really conservative and the Creation Museum is in the area because of the airport.
The city is not conservative. The region has historically been yes, and the suburbs remain very conservative. But city is not. It's been awhile since this nonsense has come up but just to remind you that the city voted around 80% Obama. Just won a perfect score from Human Rights Watch for gay rights. We haven't had a Republican mayor in decades, though our current Democratic mayor isn't very popular with liberals in the city. Republican often don't even run a mayoral candidate because they know it's useless.

Anyone who thought we were going to win RNC was way off. We had no chance with the current state of US Bank Arena. I don't know why the Creation Museum is in Boone County and don't care to know.

But if you're going to say and believe that city is conservative then you clearly do not know what you're talking about.
 
Old 02-22-2016, 12:30 PM
 
5,655 posts, read 8,763,412 times
Reputation: 2357
Nikita. To answer your question. Politics. That simple.
 
Old 02-22-2016, 12:56 PM
 
1,245 posts, read 3,348,802 times
Reputation: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruschev View Post
also for the record, Moderator cut: read the tos
Hell yeah!!
Moderator cut: read the tos. UD is where it's at. Go Flyers!!

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2016 at 04:16 AM..
 
Old 02-22-2016, 07:13 PM
 
1,046 posts, read 1,143,011 times
Reputation: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Trust me, I didn't know there was a rivalry until I lived in Cinci. Coming from Cleveland, never heard much about Cinci, let alone a rivalry. This is one of those one-way rivalries; one city has a rivalry with another, the latter city not about this rivalry.

I only comment on this because of Cinci's m.o.
I have yet to come into contact with anyone in Cincy area that is envious of anything Cleveland related tbh, much less consider Cleveland to be a rival. 9 times out of 10 when I tell people in Cincy that I'm originally from Cleveland they just look at me and say "oh really? Never been there. You think the Browns will make it to the playoffs next year?" And that's about the extent of the conversation. No mention of Lebron James and not a care in the world that there isn't an NBA team here. No mention of Cleveland's hospital system, no mention of the museums or orchestra or west side market. Simply put, most people in Cincinnati really truly believe that there is no reason for them to even bother visiting Cleveland. When I ask if they've ever been usually the response is along the lines of "it's cold enough in Ohio as is.... why would I want to go to a place in Ohio that is even colder!" TBH I think it's stupid that people from both places don't visit each other's locations more often. I've been to multiple places in KY and IN since I've moved to Cincy area just because I like seeing different things and experiencing different things.
 
Old 02-22-2016, 07:31 PM
 
95 posts, read 59,857 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
Hell yeah!!
Moderator cut: read the tos. UD is where it's at. Go Flyers!!
love me some flyer hoops. wish that series would continue. archie's gonna get gobbled up, but dayton's always a threat. they need to be in the big east

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2016 at 04:17 AM..
 
Old 02-22-2016, 07:40 PM
 
95 posts, read 59,857 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
I have yet to come into contact with anyone in Cincy area that is envious of anything Cleveland related tbh, much less consider Cleveland to be a rival. 9 times out of 10 when I tell people in Cincy that I'm originally from Cleveland they just look at me and say "oh really? Never been there. You think the Browns will make it to the playoffs next year?" And that's about the extent of the conversation. No mention of Lebron James and not a care in the world that there isn't an NBA team here. No mention of Cleveland's hospital system, no mention of the museums or orchestra or west side market. Simply put, most people in Cincinnati really truly believe that there is no reason for them to even bother visiting Cleveland. When I ask if they've ever been usually the response is along the lines of "it's cold enough in Ohio as is.... why would I want to go to a place in Ohio that is even colder!" TBH I think it's stupid that people from both places don't visit each other's locations more often. I've been to multiple places in KY and IN since I've moved to Cincy area just because I like seeing different things and experiencing different things.
perhaps there may be a mini rivalry albeit sports related (but that goes back a ways) when sam wyche had to admonish the home crowd for behaving poorly saying, "we don't behave like that! we're not in cleveland!" or something along those lines.

perhaps people say it, i haven't heard it. cleveland might as well be in another state. i harbor no ill towards the town and i need to visit. love me some regionality. but i am glad the browns are an incompetently managed franchise. the division is tough as it is
 
Old 02-22-2016, 08:14 PM
 
4,237 posts, read 3,293,683 times
Reputation: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
And the latest just came to mind. Pete Rose. All the main stream national media does is concentrate on the negative. Same with any metro area.
Good one.
 
Old 02-23-2016, 12:15 AM
 
4,237 posts, read 3,293,683 times
Reputation: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
The city is not conservative. The region has historically been yes, and the suburbs remain very conservative. But city is not. It's been awhile since this nonsense has come up but just to remind you that the city voted around 80% Obama. Just won a perfect score from Human Rights Watch for gay rights. We haven't had a Republican mayor in decades, though our current Democratic mayor isn't very popular with liberals in the city. Republican often don't even run a mayoral candidate because they know it's useless.

Anyone who thought we were going to win RNC was way off. We had no chance with the current state of US Bank Arena. I don't know why the Creation Museum is in Boone County and don't care to know.

But if you're going to say and believe that city is conservative then you clearly do not know what you're talking about.
This isn't a surprise given that many people left Cincinnati; must have been the conservatives fleeing to the suburbs and outer ring counites leaving Obama liberals in the city I guess.

With a population of less than 300,000 in a metro of 2.1 million people, that's not saying much for the city of Cincinnati. So, the metro is conservative and little Cinci is liberal; a small fish of liberals in a big pond of conservatives.

Btw, we all know why the Creation Museum, The Ark Experience are in Cinci's metro and good old Kim Davis isn't too far away either.

I know Cinci likes to portray itself as being liberal but no one believes it given the dominance of conservatives in the area. The tri-state is Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky. C'mon.
 
Old 02-23-2016, 06:13 AM
 
Location: Cincinnati (P Ridge)
573 posts, read 441,035 times
Reputation: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
This isn't a surprise given that many people left Cincinnati; must have been the conservatives fleeing to the suburbs and outer ring counites leaving Obama liberals in the city I guess.

With a population of less than 300,000 in a metro of 2.1 million people, that's not saying much for the city of Cincinnati. So, the metro is conservative and little Cinci is liberal; a small fish of liberals in a big pond of conservatives.

Btw, we all know why the Creation Museum, The Ark Experience are in Cinci's metro and good old Kim Davis isn't too far away either.

I know Cinci likes to portray itself as being liberal but no one believes it given the dominance of conservatives in the area. The tri-state is Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky. C'mon.
Well city's population is finally starting to grow again. But yes, just make sure to say Cincinnati metro is conservative because just saying Cincinnati is conservative gives people the wrong impression. This a great city with a long of great things happening thanks to forward thinking leaders (the current mayor not being one of them).

I honestly don't know why the Creation Museum is Boone County. I guess the guy from Australia moved there? But why Boone County over other parts Ky? Boone County is one the most conservative counties in Ky, but not he most. I think that goes to Pulaski County. Like I said, I don't really care why its there.

You can't include Rowan County in Cincinnati's metro. That's just absurd.

So again just to make sure....Cincinnati is liberal, Cincinnati metro is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top