U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 02:15 PM

36 posts, read 39,405 times

Advertisements

Hi all.

My wife and I are contemplating a move to Cincy. I lived there from 1989 t0 1999, and may have an opportunity to move back through work. We're currently in Cleveland and enjoy it here, but we don't know many people; in Cincy, conversely, we have many friends, which is why we're considering a move.

A big question I have though, concerns dogs. We have 2 extra large dogs, a 125 pound St. Bernard, and a 100 pound Great Pyr mix. I never had animals when I lived there previously. Are there any good dog parks in Cincy? If so, whereabouts? I'm also concerned about lot size of houses. As much as we love Northside, having dogs as big as ours might be difficult due to the fact that we'll need a yard. We'd be looking for neighborhoods with larger lot sizes (4-6K sq ft); the problem is, we'd rather not find ourselves out in the boonies to find a decent sized yard. Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing any suggestions you may have.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 03:21 PM

400 posts, read 397,352 times
There are several good dog parks that we take our 90lb Golden regularly.

Washington Park in OTR across the street from Music Hall has a smaller dog park but it's centrally located.
Dog Park | Washington Park – Cincinnati Ohio

Armleder Park is on the east side of town near Lunken Airport. I like it because it's bigger with more room for the dogs to run. The downside is that it is very close to the Little Miami river so it can flood.
Armleder Dog Park - Great Parks of Hamilton County

I have not been to the dog park but Mt. Airy Forest on the west side of town also has a dog park. The park is really gorgeous ... The surrounding area- not so much.
Mt. Airy Forest - Cincinnati Parks

There are many more "private" (pay-to-play) dog parks but we tend to use the city parks.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:35 AM

36 posts, read 39,405 times
Thank you.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:37 AM

3,750 posts, read 10,203,909 times
As far as sheer number of dogs (of all sizes) - I have to say they are most visible in Hyde Park.

I half believe owning a dog (or more than one!) is required by deed restriction on new sales in the neighborhood.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:24 AM

573 posts, read 439,845 times
I'm guessing Briolat has seen myself and/or my wife walking our 30lb mutt around Hyde Park. But yes, there a lot of dogs here. C ock n Bull's patio is dog friendly and there's often an older gentleman there with a Great Pry enjoying a happy hour brew. I believe Unwind also allows dogs on their patio plus our Farmer Market is always packed with people and their dogs. We also take our dog down to Armleder Dog Park and on the trails in Ault Park a lot.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:15 AM

31 posts, read 19,668 times
Wyoming has tons of dogs and you get more yard for the money there so lots of dogs of all sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or