U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 07:57 AM

3,377 posts, read 3,693,454 times

Advertisements

Once again, Site Selection Magazine ranked Cincinnati among the nation's top five metros of over 1-million in the number of construction projects. In the Midwest, Cincinnati ranked second, only behind Chicago and well ahead of other peer cities; nationally, Cincinnati ranked fourth, only behind Chicago, Houston, and Dallas:

Top Metropolitans of 2015: Dare to be Greater || Site Selection Online

A year ago, the prestigious business publication ranked Cincinnati in similar fashion:

Top Metros: Strength in Diversity || Site Selection Online
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 08:37 AM

5,639 posts, read 8,748,046 times
Shocked to see Dayton on that list. I think this simply reinforces the belief that the Cincinnati-Middletown-Dayton corridor is becoming a CMSA. Wish the list provided an actual break down of each specific project at least by industry. Would give an indication which industries will provide new jobs and potential for future growth.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Shocked to see Dayton on that list. I think this simply reinforces the belief that the Cincinnati-Middletown-Dayton corridor is becoming a CMSA. Wish the list provided an actual break down of each specific project at least by industry. Would give an indication which industries will provide new jobs and potential for future growth.
As for myself, I was delighted to see Dayton so highly ranked in metros with 200,000 to !-million. As you said, this type of surprising news only reaffirms the reality of CIN-DAY. When the region will be officially designated as a CSA can't be too far away.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:53 PM

1,879 posts, read 2,121,025 times
Cincinnati has long been "District City" or "Regional Center" for a lot of stuff in Dayton.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:28 AM

For the third year in a row, the prestigious business publication Site Selection Magazine
ranked Cincinnati among the top five metros of over 1-million in construction projects.

Along with an outstanding photograph of downtown, the Business Journal offered a brief assessment of the importance of such recognition...
"The only cities that boasted more projects than Cincinnati
were Chicago, Dallas, Houston and New York City..."

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...ities-for.html

The 2016 survey:
http://siteselection.com/press/relea...s_Cup_2016.htm

Old 03-27-2017, 07:33 PM

45 posts, read 26,747 times
It really surprises me that Cincinnati is rank that high on the list. I guess Cincy is really developing economically which is great. When I travel to Nash, DC, Boston or Raleigh then I see nothing but Cranes in the air. Not so much in Cincy but what do I know.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:19 PM

860 posts, read 630,489 times
Another "Top X" list ... Yeah, that proves Cincinnati's great! Rah-rah-rah-rah-rah-rah-rah!!!
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Naah - I don't think one thing has anything to do with the other. Dayton has always had a reasonable amount of tech by virtue of the Air Force base and its ties to aviation. And then there's Lexis-Nexis. I think that is a bigger driver than anything else.

I don't think people looking at where to expand are saying, "Yeah, that Dayton is a really hot town now that it's part of a CMSA! We have to jump in on it!" If that were the case, Cleveland would still be the Number 12 DMA.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:46 PM

1,619 posts, read 1,277,445 times
I think the list is for construction projects related to the industry and business sectors as opposed to construction projects related to the residential sector as you would see in Nashville , Boston, DC, or Raleigh due to those metros need for housing for its population increase. In those cities residential construction projects is going be concentrated in in residential areas. Business construction projects tend to be more out of sight and spread out around the metro in areas zoned for industry. Also with business projects there might not be a significant population increase due to the mechanization of manufacturing and industry in which automation and robotics are displacing the need for workers.

Last edited by Coseau; 03-27-2017 at 09:17 PM..

Old 03-27-2017, 09:18 PM

45 posts, read 26,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coseau View Post
I think the list is for construction projects related to the industry and business sectors as opposed to construction projects related to the residential sector as you would see in Nashville , Boston, DC, or Raleigh due to those metros need for housing for its population increase. In those cities residential construction projects is going be concentrated in in residential areas. Business construction projects tend to be more out of sight and spread out around the metro in areas zoned for industry. Also with business projects there might not be a significant population increase due to the mechanization of manufacturing and industry in which automation and robotics are displacing the need for workers.
That makes sense.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:22 AM

573 posts, read 439,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicalmoe View Post
It really surprises me that Cincinnati is rank that high on the list. I guess Cincy is really developing economically which is great. When I travel to Nash, DC, Boston or Raleigh then I see nothing but Cranes in the air. Not so much in Cincy but what do I know.
Cincy Biz Journal launched a crane watch recently. Fun way to keep track:

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...ti-crane-watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or