Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:47 AM

1,082 posts, read 4,716,295 times

Advertisements

We all expect driving to be like home, no place is like home anymore because we are all moving all over the place all the time, and there's no "standard" driving protocols in most urban areas.

The place I like best for driving is NYC, though, because the advice you get there is "point the car where you want to go and look straight ahead". The advantage is, though, most of the time you can't even go more than 55 mph. because it's so crowded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 01:16 PM

41,939 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey_too_expensive View Post
But I'm not going to rah-rah everything -- and getting some legitimate criticism from an "outside" voice might help locals see things a little differently.
Unfortunately, when a newly arrived resident voices concerns for change, usually all you'll get is a raised eyebrow and a suspicious "You're not from around here, are you?"

No matter how much you profess to love the place, and no matter that you chose to live there! *sigh*

Wait until you've lived in Cincinnati for say, 20 years. Then you won't be viewed as a newcomer.

Disclaimer: This post is sort of joking. Sort of not.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:03 PM

893 posts, read 789,867 times
I am praying we get moved to Cincinnati. I love polite drivers, something the "me first" mentality of the Northeast doesn't have. You also are on the western edge of the Eastern time zone. Big plus, stays light later in the day.
Ones garbage is anothers treasure.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:16 PM

38 posts, read 141,959 times
Wow...I just had to chime on this one. I am originally from the N. Ky area & currently live in a major city in the South. Let me tell you, I would kill to have drivers here who are half as courteous as Cincy drivers. Where I live now, most people tailgate, don't use turn signals, ignore "don't walk" signs & (on top of all that) are probably driving illegally--as in illegal immigrants.
Not only that, but "drivers" here feel compelled to share the crap blasting out of their car stereos with every other person on the road.
Think you can guess what city I live in?

Old 03-03-2008, 03:53 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,541,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldgage View Post
Wow...I just had to chime on this one. I am originally from the N. Ky area & currently live in a major city in the South. Let me tell you, I would kill to have drivers here who are half as courteous as Cincy drivers. Where I live now, most people tailgate, don't use turn signals, ignore "don't walk" signs & (on top of all that) are probably driving illegally--as in illegal immigrants.
Not only that, but "drivers" here feel compelled to share the crap blasting out of their car stereos with every other person on the road.
I could think of many. Please divulge your whereabouts. At least give a hint!! LOL

Old 03-04-2008, 08:29 AM

41,939 posts, read 75,137,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
You also are on the western edge of the Eastern time zone. Big plus, stays light later in the day
Sweet Lord, if there's one thing I'd change about the east coast it would be to secede to the Atlantic time zone. There is no rational reason for daylight before 5 a.m. in the summer, and I really miss those 10 p.m. twilights in western Ohio.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 AM

3 posts, read 8,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldgage View Post
Fort Myers, FL????????????????????????????? I am looking forward to getting out of the driving here. The awful drivers in Cincinnati still sound better then the drivers here.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 PM

7 posts, read 40,936 times
Wink Rant

There are no laws governing shovelling sidewalks. Most people use to do it as a courtesy. Have you checked out the parks? How could anyone live in Jersey? Kidding. You're right...the parking lots are awful.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:49 AM

450 posts, read 1,202,776 times
Well one thing I have noticed where the drivers are bad in like Miami and Calif...and not to make this sound mean but most of the people I have run into in these places are people not from this country or are much younger or older drivers. Either people are in a hurry or they have all day.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
It seems like everyone falls prey to the thinking "where I used to live, drivers were great, but here (where ever that may be) drivers are terrible." I live in Pittsburgh, and I'll still bemoan bad drivers here with my dying breath--it's not that Cincinnati drivers were better, it's just that I was used to the flow there. Bad drivers are everywhere, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati