U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-14-2008, 01:03 PM

7 posts, read 53,176 times
Question Rental apartments in or near Hyde Park

Hi
I'm expecting a job offer from a company based in Cincy and during my interview I was told that Hyde Park would be a good place to live......I'm married (no kids) and will be moving from Columbia, SC.

I need some recommendations with regards to the Hyde Park area and its rental apartments. Any comments / suggestions will be highly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-14-2008, 06:28 PM

40 posts, read 142,173 times
Hyde Park sounds like a good choice for you. Here is a sample:
Cincinnati Hyde Park Apartments

I have also heard that the Drexel and Brookstone in Oakley are good for re-lo's (these are complexes). Part of the choice depends on if you want to be in a multi-unit house or a complex.

Unread 02-15-2008, 06:35 AM

Thanks for your prompt response QC!! I've seen the various apts on rent.com but was looking for 'insider' information.......For example, I've read on this message board that living in Hyde Park square is not a very good idea because of the number of bars & restaurants around (too much noise). So how far should I stay from HP square?

Can someone recommend a particular apartment community?

Another important fact is that I'll be relocating in September 2008 and that I'm a non-US citizen (Indian by origin). I'm not specifically looking for Indian communities......in fact, I would love to be surrounded by people of all races.

My prospective employer has corporate apartments which we'll use for the first couple of weeks while we hunt for apartments! So I'm in no great hurry.....just like to get my research done early!

Thanks again......I'm really looking forward to the Queen City!

Unread 02-15-2008, 11:02 PM

40 posts, read 142,173 times
I am not sure it is too noisy right on the square, but parking can be an issue. If you are at least a block away you should be fine, and you would still be able to walk. If you are looking for a little more diversity, you would find that in the Clifton gaslight area(their website appears to be under construction unfortunately). Plenty of cool apartments on the surrounding streets of Ludlow Avenue. Oddly enough, that strip has about 4 Indian restaurants as well as Thai, Chinese, Mexican etc. Having been to Bangalore, I would say the Indian food is pretty authentic, not that you would base your decision solely on that. There are also a couple of bars and an independent/foreign film theater (although they do run some mainstream movies as well).

Since you have the benefit of the corporate apartment take the time to look around. Try Oakley and Mt. Lookout as well - they are close to Hyde Park. If you are working downtown all 4 of those neighborhoods would make for an easy commute.

Unread 02-15-2008, 11:47 PM

13 posts, read 54,239 times
I lived right on the square for two years and did not find it to be too noisy. I loved it!! I could see that it could be noisy if you worked at night and needed to sleep at night but other than that it was great!! I lived above Aligator Purse and Hyde Park Food and Wine. (I know live in Mt. Lookout) The apartment was big (probably 700-800 square feet) with hard wood floors, high ceilings, and updated appliances all for $625 with heat!! Can't beat it!! There are really only two bars on the square and they are not loud at all plus you get all the restuarants and shops........can't beat the location!! It is pretty cheap if you think about it!!!

Parking was not an issue for me. You can park on the square anytime if you pay the meater or you an park for free from 6pm to 7am..............Sometimes I used to park on the square when I got home and then moved my car in the mourning when I left for work. I took the bus to my job downtown and the bus stop was on the square. If you don't want to do that, 98% of the time there were stret parking spots on the deadend side of Zumstein which is only 1 block from the square. And if that wasn't good enough for you spots behind the building could be rented......but not necessay at all. I would leave my car on Zumstein for days at a time with no problem!!

Got to love the location!! I don't have the number for the apartment building but it was run by Alaise Realty, if that helps!!

Got to live there!!!!

Unread 02-19-2008, 08:26 AM

Thanks for your replies folks!!

Unread 03-04-2008, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 11,607 times
Default Hyde Park

Tankrit - I am also moving to Cincinnati and have been looking at Hyde Park, Mt. Lookout and Mt. Adams.

I still have a house in Birmingham and am looking to rent a furnished "corporate" apartment.

If you are so inclined, please share with me any good leads you have found. I have a number of friends in Cincy and can find out for you if the neighborhood is right. They have strong opinions about neighborhoods but do not know buildings.

Keep in mind that a place could have a Hyde Park address but be located on the outskirts of the village.

One building I have heard about on the internet is Centennial Station in Hyde Park. I have heard mixed opinions. Several people rave about the building, location and amenities. Others have complained about thin walls and hearing neighbors.

My e-mail is [EMAIL="dunsinger@yahoo.com"]dunsinger@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Good luck and thank you.

Jack

Unread 03-06-2008, 08:40 AM

Hi Dunsinger
I recently came across an apartment community in the Kenwood area. Its called Indian Creek Apartments. This is the only apartment community that has a 100% positive feedback from previous residents.
Check out their website Indian Creek - About Us (http://indiancreekapthomes.com/default.aspx - broken link)

They have great community activities plus tennis courts, a swimming pool etc and also a community garden where you can reserve a plot and grow herbs and veggies!!

I contacted their office via email and got a response within an hour. I'll be moving to Cincy in September and plan on visiting Indian Creek sometime in July to check it out in person.

I'm still interested in the Hyde park area but Indian Creek just seems too good to be true!

Let me know your thoughts........

Unread 03-09-2008, 10:24 PM

4 posts, read 18,810 times
Indian Creek is a real nice place, and I've heard great reviews from 2 persons I know currently living there. It is out aways toward the suburbs (as compared to Hyde Park and Oakley), which is a drawback. Being single and unattached, I'd think you'd find living near Hyde Park nicer.

I'm single and unattached also, moved here from out-state within the last 6 months. Brookstone in Oakley was specifically mentioned earlier in the thread ... that happens to be where I moved to. It's nice enough, mainly young, unattached folks living here, with a lot of re-locos, but it's too high-priced for what you get. Although the complex has been sold within the last month, this may change, but you could do better.

Unread 03-10-2008, 03:49 AM

245 posts, read 797,446 times
The best way to find the deals in Hyde Park is to literally drive up and down the streets and call numbers on the "For Rent" signs in the windows. Very few people small time landlords in Cincinnati use Craig's List.

As for the corporate apartments, I know Huff Realty has a corporate rental division. (this is not an endorsement / I'm not a broker / it's the only one I know of!!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati