U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 12:24 PM

199 posts, read 192,744 times

Advertisements

Am confused little bit cause there is the West Side and the East Side. I live in Evanston, Cincinnati in the East Side, but my question is. Is Roselawn, Bond Hill is part of the west side or east side? I know Mt Heathy, Finneytown, and Forest Park is part of the west side, and Madisonville, Norwood, Deer Park, and Pleasant Ridge, is part of east side. Should it be a North Side though as our region (not Northside Neighborhood). I saw some thread talking about West Side and East Side. What you guys think?

I POST DAILY CITY-DATA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 12:34 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,633,030 times
There is not north or south side. just east and west.

West is anything to the left of 75. East anything to right of 75. Roselawn and bond are west. Im in Norwood and its more central since the lateral runs across. ( IMO anyway).

Old 05-10-2016, 01:10 PM

573 posts, read 439,630 times
East of Vine Street is the East Side. West of Vine Street is the West Side.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:20 PM

4,730 posts, read 10,929,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
East of Vine Street is the East Side. West of Vine Street is the West Side.
That's true where address numbering is concerned. But, depending on whom you talk to, the "west side" could begin as far to the west as Colerain Ave. It's a state of mind rather than a clear-cut down-the-middle division.
Everything along Reading Rd is east-side, though, on that all can agree.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:26 PM

60 posts, read 130,350 times
Its less West Side - East Side and more West Side - not West Side.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:25 PM

1,576 posts, read 2,302,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
There is not north or south side. just east and west.

West is anything to the left of 75. East anything to right of 75. Roselawn and bond are west. Im in Norwood and its more central since the lateral runs across. ( IMO anyway).
This is the first time I ever heard of Roselawn or Bond hill are being called the west side. I lived here 47 years.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:59 PM

243 posts, read 227,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
This is the first time I ever heard of Roselawn or Bond hill are being called the west side. I lived here 47 years.
You and me both, I'm 67 and grew up in Bond Hill, always east side. Before I-75 was built Vine St. was generally considered the dividing line between east and west.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:44 AM

3,750 posts, read 10,201,548 times
As a relatively new transplant (2008) to the Cinci region, I can confirm that most of the natives I speak to (age range early 20s to late 40s) use I-75 as the dividing line between E. and W.

However, apparently that is only "within the loop". Once you are North of 275, all bets are off.

Which I found out just this week, when I was teasing my coworker (who lives in Fairfield) that he's a WestSider. He, a born and bred East Sider (Mariemont, I believe), quickly informed me that because he's "out of the loop" - the term doesn't apply.

I'm not from here (and live in the Northern hinter lands) so don't have a personal stake in this preoccupation. However, from a perspective of geographically being able to place where someone is talking about, its helpful to at least know about the topic.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:57 AM

697 posts, read 1,426,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGAnderson View Post
Am confused little bit cause there is the West Side and the East Side. I live in Evanston, Cincinnati in the East Side, but my question is. Is Roselawn, Bond Hill is part of the west side or east side? I know Mt Heathy, Finneytown, and Forest Park is part of the west side, and Madisonville, Norwood, Deer Park, and Pleasant Ridge, is part of east side. Should it be a North Side though as our region (not Northside Neighborhood). I saw some thread talking about West Side and East Side. What you guys think?

I POST DAILY CITY-DATA
Here is my take on the matter (my opinion is no more correct than anyone else's)...

Westside =

---Within city-limits: West of 75, South of 74

---Suburbs: All suburbs west of Colerain Ave within the 275 loop

Eastside =

---Within city-limits and suburbs: Anything east of Reading Rd within the 275 loop

If your neighborhood/municipality is not included (like my childhood neighborhood) you most likely do not care about the Westside/Eastside discussion.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:09 AM

682 posts, read 474,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
As a relatively new transplant (2008) to the Cinci region, I can confirm that most of the natives I speak to (age range early 20s to late 40s) use I-75 as the dividing line between E. and W.

However, apparently that is only "within the loop". Once you are North of 275, all bets are off.

Which I found out just this week, when I was teasing my coworker (who lives in Fairfield) that he's a WestSider. He, a born and bred East Sider (Mariemont, I believe), quickly informed me that because he's "out of the loop" - the term doesn't apply.

I'm not from here (and live in the Northern hinter lands) so don't have a personal stake in this preoccupation. However, from a perspective of geographically being able to place where someone is talking about, its helpful to at least know about the topic.

Fairfield, Ross, Hamilton are all out of the loop. They aren't part of Cincinnati or even Hamilton County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or