U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 07:31 AM

8 posts, read 6,105 times

Advertisements

Hey there everyone!
Husband and I are relocating to the area but stuck on which area suits our needs based off of Internet searches. His company is in Miamisburg and he wants a 30-40 minute commute most.
Budget is 350-450K. Must have good neighborhood amenities such as pool, walking trails, etc.
We currently live in NoVA and have lots of shopping, cultural events and outdoor recreation so we prefer something compatible.
We don't want a fixer upper because we want to spend our weekends exploring.
Husband does not want neighbors on top of us.
I am used to it but do want some space, but not acres.
Although we don't have school age children, we know the home must have a good school district for resell purposes.

I focused on Mason, West Chester and Centerville. So overwhelmed by the taxes, property assesments on houses that don't equate to sale prices, and how his commute would be.

We are there next week to explore. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 10:48 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,804,737 times
Id strongly recommend Yankee Trace in Centerville, along with Settler's Walk in Springboro.

Good luck!

Old 06-08-2016, 03:05 PM

Thank you!
I heard taxes were high in Centerville? Is this true? Also someone said we would get more house in Mason?

Old 06-10-2016, 01:37 PM

3,751 posts, read 10,253,618 times
Taxes are relatively high in Mason (or so people seem to say, I don't live in Mason). I'm unsure if taxes are high in Centerville or not.

From a location standpoint, Centerville would be great. There area a lot of newer suburbs in "South Dayton" (corridor south of Centerville along Rt 48, etc...) that have walking trails, pool, etc.

One thing - generally around here "walking trails" means some sidewalk around a greenspace around/thru the neighborhood. It does not mean actual "trails" and usually there isn't much in the way of trees/woods/etc.. Just clarifying.

Hope you enjoy your visit next week!!

Old 06-10-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineerwi View Post
Thank you!
I heard taxes were high in Centerville? Is this true? Also someone said we would get more house in Mason?
Again I'm no tax expert (PM hensleya1 with this question) but I'd be inclined to say taxes and community feel are equitable between the two. Also, I'd think you'd probably get more house in Centerville.

Also, for more insight on Yankee Trace, PM meggoo. She lives there.

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2016, 09:56 PM

Thanks! I am struggling to find anything in Mason since they are selling within a day it appears.
We found a beautiful home in Miamisburg Township but I question the resell options. This will not be my retirement home.
I love Settlers Walk and Yankee Trace. Nice subdivisions!

Old 06-16-2016, 10:13 AM

31,341 posts, read 57,579,335 times
Ditch the commute and live in Centerville or Miamisburg. Springboro if you absolutely must, but no farther.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:32 PM

Sorry I missed this earlier!

I think with Austin landing resell in Miami Twp will go up.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:30 PM

When my husband is in Dayton, he stays at Hilton in Austin's Landing. I loved the farmers market and convenience of shopping and grocery while I was there a few weeks ago.
We love Springboro but the housing market currently is limited.
We are looking at West Chester and Liberty Township for a new home option since we need a study/bedroom full bath on first floor. Husband wants a backyard with privacy and I told him it's not happening with a new home unless we landscape or we pay for a premium lot but the tress in neighborhood will be young until we settle in for five or more years.
I am coming back in two weeks to really find my home as my house is going on market and I had someone call me saying they are really interested and preapproved. So stressful but it will all be good.
I am completely stressed that I will regret living in this area and not choosing Mason because I don't want a declining market or to be far away from everything.
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Old 06-24-2016, 10:47 PM

If you don't want to be in a declining area run far away from west Chester and Liberty township
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati