U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 05:25 PM

6 posts, read 4,105 times

Advertisements

I am originally from the Loveland area. We are looking at moving back to the Cincinnati area,we are currently outside Dayton. I have heard some worrisome things about the west side now. We are catholic and looking at several different catholic schools for our children. Does anyone know anything about how Bridgetown or Delhi are now? Safety is a big issue as my husband travels for work and we have children. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 09:23 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,616,142 times
Bridgetown is better than Delhi. Also check out Miami Heights and township, North Bend and surrounding areas. As far as schools go, our lady of the visitation and st Jude are your best bets. I'm not sure what worrisome things you've heard, but it's probably false. I am a lifelong westsider and would be happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:43 PM

124 posts, read 98,028 times
I live in Loveland and teach in Bridgetown. I think Bridgetown would be quite safe from driving around and based on my students. My students are on the lower end of middle class and are pretty much all white. Probably the least amount of diversity in the whole metro area. The area doesn't necessarily appeal to me for its housing stock or shops and the locals complain about the amenities or lack there of all the time. Seems pretty stagnant for development and new homes/shops. Everyone here is pretty much natives and extremely proud to be "west side" so transplants might feel like outsiders. Delhi middle school is lower economic that Bridgetown for sure.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:59 AM

2,511 posts, read 3,369,121 times
I like both neighborhoods quite a bit, as my wife has a lot of family in both areas. I just went to a wedding at St. Dominic's last night where an elder alum from Delhi married a Mercy alum from Bridgetown. Their mothers went to school together at Seton in the 70's, and the groom wore a Cincinnati Reds tie. You don't get much more stereotypical westside trhan than that. If you are interested in catholic schools, these areas have some of the best ones in the region, just be sure to get on the waiting list early.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:14 PM

Thank you for all the replies! Loveland is out of my price range, as are the private schools on the east side. I am very impressed by the catholic schools we have looked at. I will need grade schools when we move, but within a few years high schools as well. The west side has lots of catholic school choices. I like the culture and the area.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Bridgetown is better than Delhi. Also check out Miami Heights and township, North Bend and surrounding areas. As far as schools go, our lady of the visitation and st Jude are your best bets. I'm not sure what worrisome things you've heard, but it's probably false. I am a lifelong westsider and would be happy to answer any specific questions you have.
We do like both of these schools. We also looked at John Paul. Have you heard anything about that one?

Old 06-19-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3littles View Post
We do like both of these schools. We also looked at John Paul. Have you heard anything about that one?
I haven't heard anything about the school, but as far as living around there, just know the further east of Colerain Ave you get, the worse the neighborhoods become. That's not to say there aren't good parts, though. I never have a reason to go around there, so I couldn't say for sure what's good and what's bad.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:56 AM

2,886 posts, read 3,965,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
I haven't heard anything about the school, but as far as living around there, just know the further east of Colerain Ave you get, the worse the neighborhoods become. That's not to say there aren't good parts, though. I never have a reason to go around there, so I couldn't say for sure what's good and what's bad.

Since they're asking about Bridgetown and Delhi, I don't think they have to worry about areas east of Colerain Avenue, or even a lot of areas west of it. Even with your disclaimer, I'm not sure this is a useful generalization anyway.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:55 AM

95 posts, read 60,295 times
i am experiencing an interest in bridgetown. is hollmeyer orchard considered bridgetown? if so, appears there is plenty of land, perhaps available. wouldn't mind living out there. and there's a brewery too. is it the old nick & tom's?

Old 06-21-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
Since they're asking about Bridgetown and Delhi, I don't think they have to worry about areas east of Colerain Avenue, or even a lot of areas west of it. Even with your disclaimer, I'm not sure this is a useful generalization anyway.
I don't know why you would send a kid to John Paul if you're not going to live over there. Not that it's a bad school, but there are plenty of great schools 5-15 minutes away from Bridgetown and the other areas mentioned.

My family lived in areas like Mt. Healthy, North College Hill and Springdale for almost all of the 20th century until the last relative died a number of years ago. None of us live there anymore, we've seen how more yards are unkempt, more houses looking shabby, etc. So I'm not just basing it on something I heard or read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or