U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 PM

8,471 posts, read 11,837,299 times
The Islands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,864 times
Thank you wilson1010.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:00 PM

5 posts, read 11,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
That revolving restaurant opened in the mid-70's, and is still in business. I guess it's stayed the same (whether that's good or bad), but not long ago it made the news for a wrong reason - large drunken customer attacked a cop. Seemed "out of character" for the business, so I hope the negative publicity had no lasting effect. The hotel it's perched atop was first known as the Quality Inn.
I remember it being a Quality Inn too. Never ate there though.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM

5 posts, read 11,322 times
Zino's Firehouse, one in Clifton and Hyde
Park. I loved the lemon pie, some kind of chiffon, or cream cheese. Twas divine. Need the recipe for that one. Miss the Virginia bakery too. Does anyone remember a small bakery on Bridgetown Rd, Beau Monde I think it was called?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansworld View Post
I remember it being a Quality Inn too. Never ate there though.
It was called Quality Central because they had a Quality Norwood. And it was famous among my contemporaries because it was the only downtown motel in the area where you could park in the garage and go straight to the room levels. So if you were headed to a motel with someone who should not be accompanying you, the trip could all be done without walking through the lobby. As far as I'm concrned thats what put Quality Central on the map. Oh, and the revolving restaurant wasn't bad either.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansworld View Post
Zino's Firehouse, one in Clifton and Hyde
Park. I loved the lemon pie, some kind of chiffon, or cream cheese. Twas divine. Need the recipe for that one. Miss the Virginia bakery too. Does anyone remember a small bakery on Bridgetown Rd, Beau Monde I think it was called?
Zinos invented the Zinover. Baked pizza pocket with Italian filling. An innovation at the time.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,558 times
Default Milford and Loveland

Remember Parkmoor and Minnie Pearl's Chicken in Milford?
How about The Butterfly, later Lincoln Restaurant in Loveland (corner of Union Cemetery and Montgomery)??

Old 09-29-2010, 12:11 PM

577 posts, read 597,458 times
The revolving restaurant back in the day was Stouffer's Cincinnati Tower. Nowadays it is called 360. One of only two revolving restaurants in the US - the other is in Las Vegas.

Johnny Bench's Home Plate is now a TGI Fridays by Northgate Mall. I love it because the building is shaped like a home plate.

Does anyone remember the Red Barn chain of restaurants? I know there were a few around Hamilton and Fairfield - they are shaped and painted like, well, Red Barns.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:34 PM

United States

• Alabama
    • The Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa, Florence
  • Connecticut
    • Vuli Restaurant, Stamford (Closed since 2007)
  • Illinois
    • Ventana's, Rosemont (closed to the public; only open for receptions, parties, etc.)
  • Indiana
  • Kentucky
  • Maryland
    • (1964) The Circle One opened atop the Holiday Inn Downtown on Lombard and Howard streets. Diners had a panoramic view of the skyline as the restaurant made a complete revolution each hour. The restaurant closed in 1974.
  • Ohio
    • Ventana's, Millennium Hotel, Cincinnati (no longer open to the public; calls itself a "revolving reception venue")
  • Oklahoma
The upper level of the Tower of the Americas houses a revolving restaurant.

• Wisconsin
    • Polaris Restaurant, Hyatt Regency, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Polaris closed to the public in 2009 and is only rented for special occasions.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:56 PM

577 posts, read 597,458 times
Oh, you got me with the Wiki attack! Let me correct what I said - it is the largest revolving restaurant East of Las Vegas.

There, much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati