Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,907,478 times

Advertisements

^ Bike over to the one on Central Parkway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 11:34 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,229,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
^ Bike over to the one on Central Parkway.
Ok, know where it is. I'll check it out.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,907,478 times
That's the one my family went to when I was a kid and we lived off Ludlow. You used to be able to drive down Morrison from Ludlow and end up down at the bottom of MLK, where that 90-degree bend is just before Central Pkwy. But then the apartment complex that's there put up gates to keep non-residents from driving through. I always liked going that way because my stomach would drop when we'd go over the crest of the hill on Morrison. I was obsessed with rollercoasters as a child, and it gave me that zero-G feeling, lol.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,975,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Ok, know where it is. I'll check it out.
Probably too far for you to travel, but as Frisch's go there's a nice and newish one on North Bend in Monfort Heights. You could catch a bit of nature in Mt. Airy Forest on the way to and from. The treehouse designed for disabled kids' access is especially neat, as is the botanical garden.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 PM

4,479 posts, read 6,229,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
Probably too far for you to travel, but as Frisch's go there's a nice and newish one on North Bend in Monfort Heights. You could catch a bit of nature in Mt. Airy Forest on the way to and from. The treehouse designed for disabled kids' access is especially neat, as is the botanical garden.
Thanks for the rec. I will def. check it out next time I'm in the area.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 PM

25 posts, read 38,059 times
I apologize if this was already posted.

The last Roy Rogers restaurant franchise in this part of the country closed its doors in 2012 and changing its name to Roney's after a dispute with the ownership of the chain. I only ate there a few times but was impressed with their fried chicken. It was located off of state route 32 in the Eastgate/Batavia area on the far eastern side.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:26 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,507,891 times
That place finally closed? I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did (I grew up in Newtown)

Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,788,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
That place finally closed? I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did (I grew up in Newtown)
I think you got that wrong. They disenfranchised themselves, but did not close. They are still going strong under their own name. serving the same fare.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:14 AM

5,156 posts, read 7,344,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I think you got that wrong. They disenfranchised themselves, but did not close. They are still going strong under their own name. serving the same fare.
Yes same similar menu but no longer part of the official Roy Rogers franchise. All remaining Roy Rogers restaurants are now in the Mid Atlantic/Northeast region. Greatest concentration around Frederick, Hagerstown Maryland. Some also in Virginia, West Virginia, as well as New York, New Jersey, and Pa. travel plazas.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:59 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,788,546 times
tylerSC ...

I believe when I said disenfranchised that is what I meant. They are no longer part of the Roy Rogers chain. But they continue to operate serving their version of the menu. From what I can determine they are doing well.

Roy Rogers continues to shrink. It is a shame.

Another question. Is there still a national Arby's organization? I know when they dissolved some years ago a number of stores continued to operate using the name. Have they reconsolidated as a national entity, or is it still fragmented?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati